Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fire and Trail Running

Saturday's ride started out good, the middle section was ugly, and then I kicked it into high gear in order to make it home for a family lunch. I made it. And it was worth it.

We sat outside by a fire and had awesome food. There is something really relaxing about going out to eat after a long ride and sitting by a warm fire.

This morning I hit the trails. My legs held up for the climbing and although I enjoyed the entire long run, I was happy to be done with a week that included a lot of run miles.

Next week is swim week again. Followed by the Carlsbad 1/2 Marathon on Sunday. My goals are to swim more during this swim week, than I did last time. And to PR my 1/2 marathon.

17 comments:

MM said...

My advice for swimming more than last time- don't swim fly. It just wears you out.

Running and living said...

I have a feeling you'll accomplish both goals!

Tawnee said...

I'll see you at C-bad... more likely before and/or after cause I sure won't be running at your PR pace!! :)

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Is Cedric going to run the Cbad 1/2?

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I'm so excited for your big swim week and the 1/2 marathon! You better keep eating those fine meals because you must be burning some heavy cals!

Beth said...

Good luck with your goals and big week ahead! :)

Heidi Austin said...

good luck with swim week and hope you PR! AND hope your hair doesn't turn green on round 2 heheh... jk

Meg said...

Rock the swimming and I know you'll PR on Sunday!

t-odd said...

Don't listen to Maggs. I am running a half marathon next weekend, too. You will definitely be faster. And warmer. Totally bring Cedric with you on the race - how you do that is for you to figure out.

Have a great swim week.

Lisa T said...

Does Cedric ever get to hide out under your cap and swim with you?

Molly said...

Have a great swim week!!!! And good luck at your 1/2 marathon!

ADC said...

Cedric sees an awful lot of fun places ;)

Amanda said...

Wow. that'll be lots of swimmin'. Have fun with it! No doubt you'll PR in the half.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Make sure Cedric doesn't get too close to the fire!!!

Bob Almighty said...

Good luck at Carlsbad. I think cedric's starting to vie for the Roaming gnome's job.

NJ said...

That fire looks so inviting! I love sitting with friends around a roaring fire when the air is a bit nippy.

Mike Russell said...

I have seen Cedric at the pool...you know you will fly through Carlsbad. We expect tons and tons of photos!