Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Swim Week Recap

My "Swim Week" is now over. My arms are still attached. I actually enjoyed most of the swims. Toward the end I was really pretty tired of hopping in the pool 2x/day, but overall it wasn't bad.

We're going to do this again in three weeks. Except next time = more meters. Oh joy!!

I have new motivation for learning to swim. My friend LB told me if I swim 27:59 or faster at CA 70.3 he'll buy me coffee all year. We had a similar bet last year at Wildflower, and it worked. My swim PR is 29:30, so I've got a bit of work...

Here are some notes from swim week:
  • I swam freestyle & IM.
  • Swimming butterfly twice in one day was not as hard as I expected.
  • My arms were not sore last week. They are sore this week.
  • My hair did not turn green.
  • I think swimming while semi-tired somehow taught me to be more efficient because on the hard days, I was still making all the sets.
  • I ended up with 21,000 meters for the week.
  • I am thankful the pool closes on Christmas Day!

16 comments:

Mike Russell said...

Your swim week was better than my month! Hence the reason you are so speedy and I am not...

Molly said...

You are amazing!!! I wonder if that's what I need to do to swim faster :)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Dang, that's about a year's worth of training for me!!

Kim said...

What a week! That is awesome! Congrats!

GoBigGreen said...

Good job! Yum, coffee incentives!

MM said...

Awesome. You're gonna have a great swim at oceanside.

Trishie said...

that's one helluva week !

Jennifer Harrison said...

OH YEAH BABY! Now this is exciting and fun to read about double swims! Like back in HS or college! I know it will help you meet your goals! GOOD for you!!!

Running and living said...

Awesome! You need to share more secretes from your awesome coach! I love the idea of focusing on swimming hard for one every 3 weeks!

Heidi Austin said...

rough week eh? awesome job though! I fo sure could not have done that!

Meg Runs said...

I love your coffee bet, totally motivating. That's Peet's not Dunkin' , right?!
Thanks for Sean, he is awesome!!! Ah, relief.

Beth said...

Oh I am soooooo pulling for you to get that goal and get free coffee all year!! :) Great job on all your doubles - it will be that much easier in 3 weeks now! :)

Kiet said...

Way to bank it Charisa, long course too! I heart long course swimming.

ADC said...

Oh dear! 21 km. Wow. It will all pay off, I am sure.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Wow 21k, thats impressive!!! Nice work

Runner Leana said...

Wow, that really is a lot of swimming! Nice job!! I'm glad to hear your hair didn't turn green either.