Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Count Down

Taper for IM Cozumel starts Monday. I am counting down the workouts and using my "you can do anything" mantra on a regular basis. At first it was "Only four more days." Now I've moved on to "Only six more workouts." Thankfully Marit is not only a very strong and fast swimming fish, but also actually enjoys swimming long with me. It is amazing how 6km of swimming can actually be enjoyable with a good friend!

Thankfully Ian is coming down this weekend to drag me up and down Palomar and through the final three hard workouts. I'm sure we'll dress in our matching twin outfits and post dorky pictures.... But most importantly the hard workouts will involve laughing and hanging out with friends and to me that is what this sport is all about.

12 comments:

TRI714 said...

Cool !! much love and respect from the west coast just north of you ! Here's wishing you well until your final session.

AM-GoalsfortheWeek said...

Dorky blog training pics are the best! bring em' on!

and yah...now i have the song 'It's the Final countdown!' in my head..thx!;)

Teresa said...

Super like!!

tn

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I love it when you guys do the twins thing! So excited for you to be on the final stretch to the last IM of the year. Tell me when you get a chance how long taper takes?

ADC said...

Taper is just around the corner. Hope you have a great training weekend with Ian.

D said...

So lucky to have such a great crew to train with!! I think that was my downfall (and may still be...) I'm gonna have to crash it one of these days ;)

Kim said...

ah i was in the same place as you last year! be careful of those jellyfish shards while swimming in Coz :)

Beth said...

YEAH!! Almost there! Have a great weekend of training with Ian. One day I hope I can visit San Diego and go for a swim with you and Marit! :)

Libby said...

almost there girl! taper will be here before you know it! have fun this weekend!!!

Running and living said...

Almost there! yay!

Barbie said...

Nothing better than training with a friend I say, especially one who pushes you to do better. Goodluck on your upcoming race.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Be sure to enjoy the island while you are there...