Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You Can Do Anything

I tell myself this a lot. For example:
  • You can do anything for 20 minutes (in regards to painful intervals).
  • You can do anything for one week (in regards to massive training blocks).
  • You can do anything you set your mind to (this applies to many things).
Last week I hit a new mileage record on the bike for a single 4-day period of time. I was shocked that Monday morning I actually had a really fun long run. This next week is my final build for IM Wisconsin. It is big and so I remind myself "you can do anything..."

Thanks to Jolby for the awesome illustration.

The reality of training and actually life, is that you really can do anything you set your mind to. It's the beauty of being an adult. It might not always be easy, but the awesome part is, you always have a choice. So for one more week my house is going to remain a mess, I won't be cooking much, and I will eat-sleep-work-train-eat-train. I've picked out some new roads to ride and I must say I'm excited to see how it unfolds.

21 comments:

jameson said...

let us know what your plans are... i am down for some miles!

Beth said...

With your awesome attitude, I'm sure it will unfold amazingly! :)

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Love this!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Send some of that good mojo attitude my way.

AM-GoalsfortheWeek said...

I am convinced you cannot have a clean house and seriously train for a race. My house is a pig pen compared to the ones my kid's go to for play dates!

and can't wait for you and Wisconsin!

Jennifer Harrison said...

GOOD LUCK on your final push for IMWI! I will be there spectating!

Jill Costantino said...

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! Love this! Watch out IMW Charissa is ready to kick some booty!

P.S. "mushies" was my word verification!

Angela and David said...

Can't wait to cheer you on at IMOO! Sounds like you are ready for a great race.

Matt said...

GREAT POST!! Great read for me for next weekend ;)

With a positive attitude like that your gonna rock IM WI, good luck in you last build week.

Michelle Simmons said...

Yes! Love this. Have a great (big!) week... :)

Caratunk Girl said...

SO TRUE!

I was cheering for you at IMLP and will be doing the same (from home this time) for IMOO. You are going to do awesome.

Best of luck on your last build week

Leah said...

Nice. Enjoy!

ADC said...

Yay, not long left until Wisconsin.

Snakebite said...

You have the attitude and work ethic of a true champion athlete. Good luck in Wisconsin! Also, New Glarus beer (from there) is really good.

GoBigGreen said...

Good luck Charisa! I say that alot, but i even break it down shorter to..." you can do anything for 7 minutes!" and why does this usually happen only in running:)?!

Go get it. and ya know, clean houses are so overrated!

Kiet said...

All this hardwork will increase your chance of success and going under 10 hours. I know, I have the exact same goal as you! Here's to breaking 10 hours.

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

So right! I will remind myself of this when I'm tired as hell, and I need to go swim. :)

Running and living said...

I tell my son, and myself that every day:)

I can't wait for your race. This will be YOUR race, I can feel it!

m said...

Great attitude! Wisconsin is gonna be a great race for you!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I met a fellow tri-friend for coffee this morning and we said just this! We CAN do anything! Way to keep your priorities straight!

solarpowered said...

Wise thoughts. Good to tuck in the memory and tap into over and over again.