Thursday, February 25, 2010

Welcome Home

This is my new home. It's sunny and blue. I get to wear my Unicorn/Rainbow/Gnome suit, so that is fun. Or at least funny.


I would think the massive amounts of time I've been spending in the pool was crazy if I wasn't such a believer. It works. I have done swim week twice so far this season. During this time I went from falling off the back of lane three on a regular basis to leading lane three. I am comfortably holding 100m free times that I used to not be able to hold at all. I have no comment on my butterfly though - not sure any progress has been made in this area.

13 comments:

Yasi said...

That bathing suit looks awesome! Great job with the swimming too. My swim workouts don't even put a dent into what you do!

kera said...

ROCKIN' the bathing suit charisa!!! i LOVE it!!! yeah for your swimming improvements....i'm completely certain your butterfly would win a GOLD over mine!!!

Running and living said...

Wow, awesome job with the swimming. Maybe that's what I need to do to...

MM said...

Don't worry about butterfly. You don't have to do that at Oceanside.

beth said...

I smell sub :30 at O'side, baby!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Happy swimming Charisa! Great to hear that training works!

FLATOUT JIM said...

That 50 Fly must be smoking by now!

Chloe said...

LOVE the suit! You'll rock out that butterfly. It's no doubt the coolest event :)

Megan said...

you've got me motivated to do my own swim week! I wish i had an outdoor pool and a cool swimsuit too :)

Amanda said...

pool being home is fun. having wrinkled fingers is not. but sweating chlorine later makes up for it.

Enjoy swim week! and all the improvements it brings.

GoBigGreen said...

My only advice to improve 50 fly times is to wear fins. Works for me.

Lisa T said...

The suit looks much better underwater b/c the crazy unicorn isn't quite so visible! Is cedric jealous?

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I think its just beyond crazy the amount of time we spend in the pool training vs the amount of time we race in the water. And most of the time, swimming is our most grueliing workout.