Friday, February 26, 2010

Go Mikes!

Meet my friends the Mikes. We ride bikes. (Yeah - I'm Dr. Suessish today). Somehow I became their coach. As in I make them training plans, and they actually follow them! What's really awesome is that they are getting stronger. And FAST! And I have a completely new appreciation for what my coach does for me.

I find myself rooting for them to keep going when the plan gets tough, to please listen to their bodies and not injure themselves by following a plan I put on paper if something doesn't feel right, and to remember that their families are #1, training is #2. Come race day at CA70.3 and Wildflower hopefully I will get to see them owning the course!

5 comments:

endurancegirl said...

no matter how many times i hear it, it's still difficult to actually put into practice to put family first and to listen to your body. two very KEY components of training...awesome that you're pushing that advice and really cool that you're coaching them!

IAN said...

MR or "Skippy" as MK calls him looks hilarious in this pic. He looks like a kid you just told is getting ice cream. "Ice Cream, ICE CREAM!!!"

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

If you want something done ask a busy person to do it.....that would be you. Once again I am in awe.

Mama Simmons said...

That's cool! Coaching is really fun, isn't it? :) Hope your athletes kick ass this year!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

The Mikes are super lucky to have you in their lives! Me too! Thank you so so much for sharing your tri and life wisdom. You're the best!!