Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rainy Trail Run

I had the most awesome long rainy trail run today. And I forgot my camera. I got poured on. There were green meadows and massive oak trees. I nearly fell down several times while sliding through the mud. And  I crossed five streams. Thankfully there are holes in the bottom of my Zoot shoes, so I didn't think twice about my river crossings. This is the only evidence of my great muddy trail run.


Steven and I had a kid after my trail run. Actually we borrowed our friends' cute kid.

Check out this awesome green rug! 
And my cute nephew.

I'm learning that colorful things that make noise are fascinating to small people.

9 comments:

Erin said...

Oh man, I should have taken photos of the aftermath of my muddy long run today. I bet I would have had you beat for mud covered legs/shoes; however, I washed them off in a cold lake before jumping in the car. It's only water and some dirt though right? ;)

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

That muddy run looks awesome! I can't wait for some warm runs like that! Right now, It is just sleet in Germany, and it sucks to run in it!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Look at that smile! Methinks you had a ball out there. Love it! And that Garmin looks right at home on your arm.

Beth said...

Well if you are going to get wet on a run you might as well get REALLY wet AND muddy! :) Glad you had so much fun!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I think you should get a little brother or sister for Cedric....

solarpowered said...

I love the holes in the bottoms of my Zoots! Sounds like a fun run.

Those are seriously cute kids.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I want to run in the mud, THats always fun

NJ said...

I'm reading so many blog posts lately about trail runs and warm weather...the jealousy is kicking in big time! I can't wait till the snow pack is gone here and I can get out...a muddy trail run sounds like heaven right now!

Yes, colorful things are fascinating to little ones...we stayed away from too many noisemakers though...they can make us "big ones" go nuts after a while! :-)

ADC said...

It would be very nice to sleep on that green rug - it looks so comfy.