Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grandma's Goodness

I may have mentioned before that my Grandma rocks. For someone who will turn 96 this year, she does quite well. She lives on her own and makes the best berry cobbler around.


I have great memories growing up of picking raspberries from her garden. Although she didn't grow blackberries, they are also some of my favorite. So when GU introduced Jet Blackberry flavor GU, I was very excited.

It tastes like blackberry cobbler goodness. It's almost as if Grandma is running my long run with me each week. I like that.

18 comments:

Molly said...

Oh YUM! I'm going to have to try that.

Kim said...

how friggin cute is grandma?

Lisa T said...

Holy crap- did gma play rock band?

Jennifer Harrison said...

LOVE Grandmas! SOOOO CUTE she is!

Chloe said...

I love awesome grandma's :) It gets me excited for my golden years!

Leah said...

Yum.

Alaskan Assassin said...

That GU actually looks tasty. Might have to try it out.

You have an awesome gramps. It makes me miss mine.

MM said...

She plays rock band. Awesome.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What a nice way to think of your rocking grandma while training! Best of both worlds.

Meg said...

I want to be a rockin' grandma! I haven't tried that GU but it looks great!

Yasi said...

That's sweet (in all aspects)! Baked treats from Grandmas are always the best.

Bob Almighty said...

Wow reminds me of my Aunt Marie who just turned 94 granted I hven't seen her play rockband yet ;)

Likewise so jealous of the weather you guys are having over there.

ADC said...

Cool Grandma.

D10 said...

Awesome picture of your Grandma. She looks great!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Gma with a rock band guitar, that is so cool, and she looks good too, I wouldnt have guessed 96.

Aimee said...

Your grandma definitely rocks! I'll have to try that new GU when I kick up my training a notch!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

Your grandma is so cute! I know everyone else said that, but it is soooo true!!!

I hate GU, but I might give that one a try!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Oh, I'd like to try that flavor and the mint chocolate that they're going to sell all year long now, too.