Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thank You!

When I get busy, I tend to get scattered. In the brain. Tomorrow Steven and I fly to Chicago/Michigan for my Grandma's 95th birthday. It wasn't until I came to work today and a co-worker asked what I had gotten Grandma for her birthday that I realized I have no gift for her! Any ideas?!! She gardens, she cooks, she lives on her own, she rocks!

Ironman training tends to fill up my spare time. I love it, and at the same time I tend to lean on a lot of people to pull me through. And this is where the THANK YOUs come in. In no particular order . . .MOM - for making sure Steven and I don't eat cereal every night for dinner. Every time I think I would rather sleep than cook, my Mom shows up with a childhood favorite home-cooked meal.

STEVEN - an amazing best friend, husband, and supporter extraordinaire, who makes me smile and love my life even more.

COACH - for believing in me, pushing me beyond what I thought was possible, and pulling me back when I need a break. Oh, and for making me laugh A LOT!

TRAINING FRIENDS - there are too many to list, but the hours I've spent in sweaty spandex with my friends is time I will never, ever regret, no matter how race day evolves.

PB - for believing in my ability to run like the wind and race with the fast girls.

BLOG FRIENDS - some of you I've never met, others I have. It's awesome how technology can bring together like-minded people who can laugh together and support each other.

12 comments:

Snakebite said...

Nothing says "Have a happy birthday" like tequila. Don't get the cheap crap either.....

Beth said...

Happy b-day to your grandma! 95 and living on her own?? Wow - she is someone I want to meet! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

t-odd said...

It looks like Grandma might like the Beatles remastered box set and the new Beatles: Rock Band. If she doesn't like them you can feel free to regift them to me - I am not proud.

My word verification is: "ticasm" Used in a sentence: "I went to put on my running shoes but didn't make it out the door because I had a ticasm." (Ah, that was stupid.) "Hey, Steven. You look really good in that suit - I think I may have a ticasm." Better? Not really.

Runner Leana said...

Happy birthday Grandma!!! Have a great trip!

D said...

What is wrong with Todd? Seriously.

Less than a month and we will FINALLY have met. YAY! :)

hahahaha... my word verification is "megatini". We're gonna have a few of those after that race! :D

Running and living said...

I was going to write that I am impressed with Grandma. But then I had to stop and realize that she is your grandma, and your father competes in Ironman.... So no wonder Grandma rocks!

Meg Runs said...

Have fun celebrating with your grandma! You have so much to appreicate in your life, so cool! I think I'd appreciate your mom the most...no cooking, yeah!
Have fun on your trip!

Rebecca DeWire said...

Give your Grandma a big hug and tell her that you love her! I just lost my Grandma 2 weeks ago so it is just wonderful that you are able to celebrate with her at the age of 95.

GoBigGreen said...

Grandma's LOVE pictures of their happy fun grandkids:) If you have time find a fun frame and get a neat pic of you and Stephen and voila!

Safe Travels:)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Right back at ya!

Happy Bday to Grandma - I love my gardening clogs, gloves and Fiskars garden shears.

ADC said...

Have a great time. Hope you got something nice ;)

Kim said...

We all have so many things in our lives to be thankful for! So cute about your Grandma. I hope she has a wonderful Birthday! You're getting close now Charisa! Keep it up!