Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Miles and Miles

This weekend I rode farther than I ever have in a single day and in three days combined. We found some new roads which I immediately fell in love with. The scenery was awesome and the riding was fun.

The end of day 1.

An amazing forehead shot.

On top of the world (Hum Titanic music in the background and it's better . . .)

Apple orchards.

Ian and I had just turned a corner and looked up to see this massive hill in front of us. It was one of those "REALLY?!!!" moments. We actually ended up having to climb over the mountain behind this hill as well.

This is San Felipe creek - isn't southern California beautiful?!!

At mile "I-have-no-idea-what-mile-we're-at-because-we've-been-riding-so-long".

15 comments:

ADC said...

That looks like an awesome day. Not long now and it will all be worth it. :)))

t-odd said...

You are so lucky. First of all you have no kids. Second, you and Ian like to do the same things for ungodly amounts of time. Thirdly you live in a place that has roads and scenery like that.

Unfortunately you also live in a state with more than it's share of weidos - present company excluded of course.

Looks like a great weekend. Were those straight up Fig Newton-type cookies or one of the "fruit" varieties? The original fig ones are the only really good ones.

D said...

Oh man! I had that same moment in Penticton... just when I thought I had conquered Yellow Lake, I took a turn and there was more!

D10 said...

The pictures are so nice! Nice job riding further than you have ever have and finding new roads.

Roo said...

Fig Newtons and Gatorade. Mmmmmmmmm.....

Mama Simmons said...

See that's cool you live in a place where you can find new roads to ride on. When you live on a little island,you get to know the ONE ROAD pretty well. lol.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Just be careful on those two lane roads....

Meg Runs said...

Those were some desolate roads! So happy you had fun and ate some tasty goodies!

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Oh yum - Fig Newtons! You totally earned them!!!! Delicious! Beautiful pictures - what an epic weekend that the two of you had!!!

Herrad said...

Hi Charisa,
I really enjoyed that very lmuch, felt like I was there too.
Magnifienct shot of your forehead.
Love,
Herrad

Snakebite said...

That is an amazing forehead!

Herrad said...

Hi Charisa,

Please go to my blog and pick up your award.
Love,
Herrad

Jennifer Cunnane said...

That looks super fun, super long, super tough and oh so fun training for Kona!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I simply must know...just how far is that? And did you eat the WHOLE row of fig newtons? I bet you needed them. Looks like a great day!

BreeWee said...

LOVE it, feels like today, HOW FAR!? ha ha, so excited for you to get here, sounds like your training is going GREAT, I am really excited for you to knock this race outta the park, woooohooo! AND yes, Sunday, let's plan a Pali jumping party, ha ha!! see ya soon!