Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Midwest

I grew up outside Chicago. The weather is brutal in the winter by California standards, but I still love to go back home, no matter what time of year. A few of the things I really love...

pizza | wind whipping off the lake | grandma's cookies | crunching leaves (or snow) under my feet when i run | thunderstorms | the river | the smell of popcorn when you get off the plane | grandma's cookies | hot cider | Janie's amazing home cooked meals | driving past the house my parents built | listening to my grandma tell stories about her & my grandpa | running around the very small michigan town my grandma lives in | enjoying the view of grandma's garden | taking the train everywhere | forgetting my grandma is 100

wind off the lake
the river

grandma's cookies

forgetting grandma is 100

4 comments:

Steve said...

Chicago and Michigan. I know someone who has that in common with you. ;)

I like the pics. If that is your boyfriend he is a good looking guy. I am secure in my manhood to say those types of things.

I remember when I first got to know you we read a couple of the same Michigan bloggers.

It's a small world in blogger land I guess.

Anyway, you've seen me here before, and you see me here now. :)

Take care.

Til next time. :)

Lisa said...

"forgetting grandma is 100" ....Priceless!! And how lucky :)

Christina said...

rummikub! I love that game!

ce8d632a-647c-11e3-94d3-000bcdcb2996 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.