Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Darkness

Oddly, I find the shorter fall days comforting. Life seems to slow down a bit in the winter and for someone who has trouble slowing down at all, somehow I seem to fall into it this time of year. I'm not sure if it's because the darkness forces me indoors or because the cold weather makes me seek out a warm drink and a book, but whatever the reason, it's nice.

San Clemente Pier
Hope you're enjoying the shorter days, even if they are a bit darker and colder.

3 comments:

krystyna47 said...

Next race: Challenge Wanaka? Oh you are going to love this place! It was my first full-iron distance and I loved Wanaka so much I moved here. Yay!!! Get ready for (most likely a lot of) wind!!!!

Lisa said...

What a great way to look at it! I mean, it's not like it's new....we go through it every Fall. So why not embrace!

Steve said...

The words colder and darker for the weather sparked a thought inside me. I read this last night, but didn't want to comment if so called comment would perceived to be cold and dark.

Words are strange huh?? Weather and personalities using the same type of words??

You are an enigma. You let people in with so much courage. I can't walk in your shoes, can't imagine. You are way more important to this World than me.

There is a lot to you though. I kinda dig the cold and dark parts. You are winter living in alwYs summer.

Xo. :)