Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Montana State TT Championship

Montana sets the stage for a beautiful place to ride bikes at an uncomfortable effort.


The course had some awesome wind on race day, which made for a few brutal sections and one very short tail-wind-I'm-FLYING section.

The beginning has a steady steep climb which I'm sure I went out too hard on, but really, isn't all of a 40k TT supposed to be hard?!

I spent the entire race chasing my friend Erin who had started 2 minutes ahead of me, and trying not to be distracted by the awesome scenery.

By about 35k I thought I might be able to close the gap down, and then the race I'd done 6 days prior, or maybe the flight across the country set in. Actually, it was probably more my inability to stay in the pain cave. I ended up less than 10 seconds back in 2nd. A lot of fun, incredibly painful, and a great workout all in just over an hour.

Post-ride run and then a swim/ice bath in this lake.

A great day to have two legs that work and a bicycle that is fun to go fast on.