Monday, April 30, 2012

Dream Big & Work Hard

I've had a couple people comment that my blog has been quiet lately. Honestly - it's not because there has not been a lot going through my head, but more that once I get off the bike I haven't found the energy to tappity tap my fingers on the keyboard.

Ironman training has been in full force. I have never done an Ironman so early in the season before. (Trust me, I have second guessed this decision several times in the past few weeks when I reached near-breaking point...) There have been days I was certain I would not be fit and fast by Ironman TX. Then there are training days where I know without a doubt that I am READY. And hopefully come race day I will land on one of those I-feel-good days.

Caffeine magic powers mid-intervals.

I have big dreams and goals for racing this year. There is so much I want to accomplish. That alone keeps me coming back when training gets tough and on days when I want nothing more than to curl up and sleep the day away.

The hard work has been done - now it is time to chase those dreams. Wildflower is this weekend, followed in two weeks by Ironman Texas. Good luck to everyone racing - I will see you on the course!

15 comments:

Beth said...

Love this blog! Hope all your dreams come true! :)

Matt said...

Great stuff! Keep working hard and dreaming big

Alison said...

Have a great race - Wildflower is such a hard one - enjoy!

Molly said...

I'm so excited for you!!! And really really tempted to go back to WF again next year...

Damie said...

oh yea! I hope I get to meet you a IMTX. Funny, but this ironman has me a little more introspective as well...

JC said...

WOOHOO - Goooo Charisa! Great post!

ADC said...

He he and here is the blog. You will rock it at both races ROCK STAR!!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Go BIG!!
If you like rollers that momentum takes you up the other side, heat and flat on the run, you'll love IMTX!

Kiki said...

Have fun and kick butt!

Christi said...

You are doing great! Keep up the fabulous training!

Michelle Simmons said...

Cheering for you!!! I love watching hard work pay off. :)

Jennifer Harrison said...

GOOD luck at WF and hen IMTX. It will be FUN to watch you (from the computer) and have fun!

Jennifer Harrison said...

GOOD luck at WF and hen IMTX. It will be FUN to watch you (from the computer) and have fun!

Jason said...

Enjoy Wildflower and see you at IMTX. I have felt the same way a lot and have chosen to not read blogs but instead lounge on the couch after the day is over and veg.

Now that I am in taper I am ready to get back to reading blogs and commenting.

Travel Safe, Race Fast!

GoBigGreen said...

IT's ok to be quiet from time to time, you are letting us in and sharing with us so we are the one's that need to be patient. Best of luck this weekend. You will see CY that is a great reason to race:) And TEXAS? YOU ARE READY:) Trust it.