Monday, March 12, 2012

Time to Race

It has been four months since my last race. A lot has happened in this time - mostly in my personal life. But we all know that all parts of life affect training. I have been so angry that I had some amazing training sets. I've hurt so much that I was incapable of making myself hurt at all in training. And through it all, there have been moments that showed me how caring and wonderful people can be. I am grateful for true friends. I have done my best to put one foot in front of the other and really appreciate the good in my life. There is so very much of it.

Sunday is my first race of the 2012 season and I am ready. I am excited. The forecast calls for rain and cold. My kind of race.

One of my favorite local climbs. I did it twice Sunday. It was a hard day on the bike.

But it was a good day. A day where you could see for miles.

And a day where I finished the ride knowing I am ready to race.

16 comments:

Christi said...

Wow, what a beautiful ride! I often power through my anger by working out. I hope things get better for you!

Beth said...

Sorry things have been so rough for you through the winter. :( I hope life improves and I'm sure it will if you continue to make the choice to be thankful for all you have! Thank God for good friends and tough training! Thinking of you lots Charisa and of course, have a rocking first race of the year this weekend!!

kT said...

Have a great race! I love reading your race reports, so I might be as anxious as you are for you to get back out there. . .

ADC said...

Have a great race champ. Hopefully my little parcel will arrive just in time to being some post-race treats.

Jaclyn said...

Woop woop! Get it girl! I know you are going to crush it this weekend!

Steve said...

sorry for the tough times in your personal life.

No words of wisdom coming from me, but I am with ya, and hope all good things for you. :)

Have a good one, and a good race, and everything. :)

Molly said...

Charisa, I'm so sorry you have been hurting :( I really hope you are doing OK. Go out there and vent some MAJOR frustration on that race course. Good luck!!!

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Awesome that you can channel your anger into your workouts. I take anger any day over helplessness and despair. So excited about your race and your season!

Jason said...

Amazing how you have gone through all the ups and downs and come out on top.....and still have an eye on the beauty that life has to offer you.

Diana said...

Have a great race. Life is always full of ups and downs. Weather the downs out and keep forging ahead.

solarpowered said...

Life is filled with mountains to climb. Some like Sunday's, some even tougher.

You're strong. You'll get up and over those mountains every time, even when it hurts doing it. :)

Caroline said...

Charisa, you are such a sweet person, I'm really sorry to hear that things have been rough lately. Hope all is on the mend. Can't wait to hear how your race on Sunday goes - GOOD LUCK!!

J. L. said...

Yes, after reading your blog this summer it seems that rainy and cold is your kind of race. May you have a good race on Sunday. And hopefully the ups and downs even out a bit. Good luck1

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Sorry to hear about your bumps in life's road.
Nothing that a good road trip to IMNYC in August can't cure...

Snakebite said...

May The Force be with you.

BreeWee said...

Have a great first race, keep your head and heart on!