Friday, August 26, 2011

Ironman Training

It's been a year since I raced long. I'm excited to get back to it. I fell asleep on the floor in my living room last night after a run. That pretty much describes ironman training...

But in the midst of being tired and swim-bike-running (lots), I've had some great workouts. We seem to have fallen back into our foggy season, which honestly probably isn't bad since I am going to go race where it's a bit cooler and rainy.


I took this right after I finished an interval....kind of describes how it felt...

Yesterday was one of those runs where I thought it would be terrible since I felt rather destroyed. Instead it ended up being awesome. I ran along the coast and felt like I was flying. I think running is as close to what I believe flying could feel like without actually having wings.

And so I have one final weekend to GO BIG. And next week I'll hop on a plane to cross the really big pond. Where I will try to race BIG or go home.

12 comments:

Beth said...

Have a great last BIG weekend Charisa!! I think I know how you feel with the fatigue - I sat down on the floor a few days ago to stretch and 30 minutes later I was just laying there still motionless! :) Can't wait to hear all about Europe!

Ken L said...

I once read a blog where a cyclist was saying that about flying, except he was referring to riding. I haven't dived in a long time, but I used to feel that way about scuba diving.

Lisa said...

You will do great in Galway! My family has been saying that they are having good weather, fingers crossed it stays good for your race. I'm very jealous, I was going to do Galway but pulled out. I will be in Ireland, but about 2 weeks after the race. I'm planning on doing it next year, so I will want full details on what it's like. GO BIG!!!

Steve said...

definitely had those runs where I felt like a nap sounded better than a run. Can't say as I felt like I was flying though. These lungs do not help my legs go as fast as you though. :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Flying sounds fun! We're socked in fog too. My new goggles came today :-)

IAN said...

Gha Boom Boom Goin BIG!! I like it. I like it alot.

ADC said...

You will kick a$$. We drove through Henley today - can't believe I'll see you next week. It has been quite rainy here this week but hopefully won't be too bad when you are here. Bring the arm warmers :((

Libby said...

Go Charisa!!! you're almost there!!! good luck on the last big weekend. race week is almost here!

Kiki said...

Great to see you out there today! Hope the rest of your ride went well.

TRI714 said...

will be rooting for you as always.

Jaclyn said...

Go big lady!

Your post interval pictures always make me giggle. Cute kit!

Jason said...

I saw the pic before the caption and I thought what happened to Charisa? and then boom intervals.....makes sense now.