Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Journey

I was lucky enough to have Jeff along for my 21 mile run on Sunday. Not only does he make me laugh, but he is also a great pacer and somehow keeps me totally relaxed when I'm running. At one point in the run we were discussing a friend racing IM Canada this weekend. I mentioned how I hope he gets his Kona slot. And Jeff said, "Yeah, well, and if he doesn't it makes it all the better." To which I asked him to explain. He replied that chasing a goal and loving it so much that even if the destination isn't reached, the journey is really what it's all about, knowing that you may or may not reach that final goal - it's the process that is still completely satisfying. (He said all of this more eloquently, but you get the point).

And he is absolutely right. The journey is really what I love about chasing goals and dreams and striving to get better. I realize my NY trip is over, but this was all part of my journey, so I figured I would share a few more photos from a city that I love...

Taking the QR on the subway...


The night before the NYC Tri Steven and I ate at a great Italian restaurant in the village. The food was awesome, but what I loved more was that we sat by the patio and it poured rain the entire time we ate. And then we got to walk home in the pouring rain.

I've actually never had these cookies, but I like the art factor of them piled in the vase.
After that walk home in the rain - we got fancy schmancy lattes.

Focused. Or maybe just trying not to crash my bike in the rain. Thanks to Kevin - a volunteer at NYC Tri, for this photo.

And finally, I'll leave you with a little article that was published in XTri today on my journey.