Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Holiday

My weekend was filled with training, napping, and some BBQing (veggie burgers for me - thank you J!)

Post-BBQ I found myself in a lounge chair, too lazy to get up and take pictures for the blog. Thankfully Brian took over these duties for me...

Lounge time...

I swear we do more than swim-bike-run and have hot-dog eating contests, although you would never know it from reading my blog...

The amount of time it took my husband to eat five hot dogs & win his third consecutive hot dog eating contest. Thankfully he does not have Coney Island aspirations. (Although I did have to ask him this when he was watching the Nathan's hot dog eating contest pre-BBQ.)

Hope everyone had a happy 4th, or Canada Day, or just a good summer day!

10 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy 4th my friend! And leave that hot dog eating to you hubby ;)

Steve said...

"I swear we do more than swim-bike-run and have hot-dog eating contests, although you would never know it from reading my blog..."

Umm, not enough hot dog eating contests on your blog IMHO. I can never get enough of those. :) j/k.

Have a great week. :)

Beth said...

Oh Steven should definitely go pro!! Time to take his talents to the East Coast! :)

ADC said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I will make sure I have hot dogs ready.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Chestnut does like 65 in 10 minutes. So that would be about 9 in 1:43.

Tell Steven to keep training.. I know he can do it.

Lisa said...

I just extended my holiday weekend by reading your post....aaaaah! Love the use of the watch for hotdog eating timing :)

Molly said...

Looks like a great holiday!

solarpowered said...

LOVE bbq-ing and hanging with friends for the holiday. Happy Fourth! And congrats to Steven for his win!

Jill Costantino said...

Happy 4th! What a beautiful weekend this past weekend was! Congrats to your hubby (I think), that is a bit gross though;)
Those lounge chairs look AMAZING!

ali said...

5 hot dogs, wow, yuck!! Fun holiday:))!!