Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Place your Bets...

If you have followed my racing at all, you know I like to race my friends when there are bets on the line. This weekend is no exception. I'm racing San Diego International Tri close to home.  Not only a great chance to work on my speed again, but also an opportunity to go head-to-head against David and Kevin. We are all racing in the pro wave - which means we all start together. The course even has out-and-back sections so we can taunt each other as we pass.

A bit of history:
  • David and I had a bet at CA70.3 and I won. With a good margin. David swims and runs faster than I do. And he rides his bike about once a week...
  • Kevin & I had bets at CA70.3, Wildflower and Boise. He crushed me at Wildflower. I won the other two.
The bets:
  • My bet with David is for dinner & it's a straight up time bet - fastest wins.
  •  Kevin has spotted me four minutes (bet terms yet to be decided - last time it was chai lattes each week til our rematch race. We could use some bet ideas if you have any...)
Zoot is awesome and has provided some give-aways so that you can place bets on our races as well.

Here is how it works - there are two chances to win.
  1. Select the time gap between David & I at the finish (you must note who wins) for a chance to win the men's tri mesh top.
  2. Select the time gap between Kevin & I at the finish for a chance to win the women's zip-up hoodie.
Closest time guess wins for each. Good luck!

26 comments:

Matt said...

1) Charisa - 3:15 margin
2) 6 min


RIP IT UP This weekend!!

Beth said...

FUN!!! For #2 I say 3:53. :) Good luck this weekend!

Kim said...

1. charisa - 7:30
2. charisa - 4:45

go get em girl!!

Rachel said...

2. I think you'll beat him by 2:48

Good luck :)

kristinschleicher said...

So many people racing this one, wish I could! I am guessing for #2 that you will dig deep and beat Kevin by 27 seconds after the 4 minute equalizer is applied. So +3:33.

Running and living said...

Charissa wins them both!
1. 4:00
2. 4:00

You are going to crush them!!!!

A World of Gratitude said...

Other bet ideas:

*oil change for the winner's car

*house cleaned by looser

*lawn mowed/trimmed other for winner

*grocery shopping (list provided- money, too) done by looser for 6 weeks or so

*Christmas presents wrapped for winner by looser

*Christmas cards addressed, licked, stamped for winner by looser

*Bike packed for next race by looser

*Halloween candy purchased for winner by looser

*Looser irons winner's clothes (though that's assuming the winner wears clothes that need to be ironed...)

*Looser makes breakfast for winner and spouse and delivers... (or dinner)

Need more ideas, let me know... Summer Vacation = time to think of stuff like this! :-)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I'm feeling a little male bonding here.. even though I have never met these guys...

Bet 1 with David: Charisa by 30 seconds
Bet 2: I don't see where we need to specify the winner. 30 seconds

I see a photo finish between all of you.

J. L. said...

1. Charissa by 6:52
2. Charissa by 4:15

Jeffrey said...

Lipke by 0:57
Kevin by 4:23

ship it.

MC just me said...

1. Charisa by 6:47
2. Charisa by 3:29

FLATOUT JIM said...

1. C by 10:27 while D is left behind fixin a flat

2. C by 8:15 while K looses his hard fought and precious lead, puking up last nights pizza!

Fat and Slow said...

Wernick by 3:03

Pton98 said...

1) Wernick over Lipke by 15 seconds. I think he will swim/bike/run faster, but your quicker transitions will take the day.

Lucas R. Tucker said...

1- you (of course) by 1:30

chris said...

1. Charissa by 7:00
2. Charissa by 4:20

solarpowered said...

First, I admire David's biking approach. I tried that once-a-week biking thing for a while, until I realized my swimming and running weren't fast enough to make up for it...

The bet for #2:
I think the time gap will be 1:05

Jen said...

1.David will win by 1:30
2. Charisa by 0:45

Anna said...

Charisa will take 'em both!
1) 2:52
2) 2:45

Rock it this weekend!!

ADC said...

1. you win by 4:56
2. you win by 6:32

You win You Win - that is most important :))

Jason said...

#1: Charisa - 3:04
#2: Charisa - 3:31

Good luck and finish healthy!

Kim said...

Awesome! Best of luck!! How fun! I'll bet #2, Charisa - 3:56!

Hunter Robinson said...

1. Charisa by 3:36
2. Charisa by 2:14

Bet idea:

1. The loser cleans the others bike once a week til the next race.
2. The winner gets to select the losers wardrobe every day for a week.
3. The loser buys all of the fireworks for the 4th.
4. The winner gets to guest post on the loser's blog.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I need a new tri top

I pick 9:38

I think you should get champion jersey to wear on training rides to rub it in

Joey said...

Loser has to shave their head bald.

I'm thinking C will take both.

#1: C by 4:44
#2: C by 2:22

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It's been said that every bettor needs to see this,

Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.