Friday, June 24, 2011

Track Racing

I never ran track in high school (my high school didn't even have a track!) Therefore, track meets are somewhat foreign to me. About a month ago Jeff convinced me to race the 800 and 3000 with him at one of the San Diego Track Club meets. This seemed like a great speed-workout-idea at the time. But when I realized it fell right in the midst of racing three tris in four weeks I opted out for a spectator role.

Look who was seeded #1 in his heat!!

Start of the 800.

Spectathletes (who can't take self-portraits very well).

I may be convinced to race one of the track meets with Jeffrey next month. Or I may just become a professional track-meet-spectator. If you sit up high enough on the cement bleachers your cheers echo all across the track...

5 comments:

beth said...

FUN! My high school didn't have football, let alone a track, but then again, all girls....

more importantly, when is the next one and how do i sign up? Seriously. this could and will be seriously fun (and humbling!!!)

kristinschleicher said...

It's so much fun (and painful)! After 10 years I beat my 3K PR racing some college kids this spring. Some 2s,3s,4s in the weeks leading up really helped my legs remember how to turn over... I don't think I'll be recovered enough in time for any of the summer nights meets this year, but yeah! do it!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Spectathaletes - love that word!

Kim said...

ughhh track workouts!!!!

Running Bums said...

Charissa and Beth--Do it! Track is so fun! It would be great to have some friendly girly faces in the next two races! You won't be sorry! :D