Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hot Dog Eating Contest

Last summer the boys had their first hot-dog-eating contest. Steven won. There was a rematch of sorts this past weekend.

There were five entrants. Each had to eat five hot dogs.

Typically the dogs are eaten separate from the buns.

There are rough moments...

Staying focused is key.

And apparently dunking the buns helps. I really have no idea how to give pointers because I have never competed. I was told next time there will be soy dogs so I can compete. This sounds like a terrible idea.

It was a near-photo-finish between Steven and Jeffrey. Steven remains undefeated in the hot dog eating contest. Dave does still have the Donut Race win to his name. Somehow it didn't transfer over to the hot dogs. Happy Happy Birthday to Jeffrey!!

11 comments:

Caratunk Girl said...

OH man!! That sounds painful.

Kim said...

omg i totally wish i was partaking! i love hotdogs!!!!!!!! congrats to steven!

Snakebite said...

"I was told next time there will be soy dogs so I can compete. This sounds like a terrible idea."

This sounds like a great idea!!!

ADC said...

YES Steven!!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

YUM!
I love hot dogs. How come it is always the skinny guys that can eat the most??

Kiet said...

I had a bit of vomit come up just reading this post. Food eating contest always makes me want to hurl.

Beth said...

Steven needs to get his PRO card in hot-dog eating!! :) Then he can do the one on Coney Island on July 4th. :) FUN!!!

Matt said...

I agree with Beth, Steven can hit the circut and crush some dreams. I should have known he is good at this, he said he using a specific spoons cuz they are faster to eat cereal with.. :)

Congrats Steven! Champ!

Teresa said...

Video next time please :) ha!

m said...

Sounds fun and a little gross. Maybe a pie eating competition next?

Alex said...

Though I won’t stand a chance against these gentlemen, I want to try my luck and join this contest. Lol!! Congratulations to the winners. Hope they’ll share some of their secrets on how to eat hotdogs in seconds!

Alex Staff