Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Swim Fishy Swim

This is where I'll swim a week from Saturday. And where hopefully I will see some of my hard work pay off. I really want to go under 28 minutes at CA70.3. I have never done this before.

Some days I think it's a completely aggressive goal, especially when I have trouble holding 1:35 base. Then on days like today when I'm swimming 1:20s without killing myself I think it's completely doable.

I know courses are short, long, choppy, etc. so I won't put a whole lot of weight on my swim time at California. But you can bet that if I get out of the water and the clock says 27:xx, I will be smiling from ear to ear! Bring on the race season!!

15 comments:

SSB said...

I know exactly how you feel. My really good and really bad days are about :15 sec/100 difference. It's weird that it's so much. My coach thinks I'm slacking on those really bad days. I think it's because when we get tired we revert back to our old stroke, and as non swimmers, that stroke is terrible. Vs people who grew up swimming, when they get tired they maintain their form a lot better.

Can't wait to see how you do next weekend!

Beth said...

27:xx or bust!!! I know you will do it!! :)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Have you asked Ced for advice??

Running and living said...

YOu've got this!

A World of Gratitude said...

Time for the secret keys: visualization, prayer, and relaxation!

Good Luck! :-)

Matt said...

I am hoping by the time I see you on the run, your still smiling from the PR ;)

Angela and David said...

Awesome! Good luck next weekend!

Teresa said...

I'm in your corner!! Go Charisa!

tn

Molly said...

What Maggs said, totally! Even though I'm much slower than you guys I see huge time differences on my "good" days vs my "trashed" days. Either way I hope you totally rock this race!

Jill Costantino said...

D.O.A.B.L.E. Go get it Lady:))) I'll be watching online and can't wait to see that smile from ear to ear:)))))

Steve said...

WOAH!!! Cedric looks like he could be a fast swimmer too!! :)

Good Luck!! :)

Kelly said...

yay! my goal is to keep up with you for the swim :) so, hopefully, i have a good day.

solarpowered said...

Somehow, I think you're probably smiling most of the time you're out there, just because you're out there. :)

Bring on the season!

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

OMG! So fun that CA HIM is this coming up weekend!
You can do it, you can do it!

Make us non-swimmers proud!!

Libby said...

you are going to kill it this weekend!