Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One Leg

I spent many months last year working on technique in the pool, but I've never spent a lot of time working on technique on my bike. This morning I did a bunch of one-leg bike drills. It's a great way to find those little glitches in your pedal stroke.

Warm up, then move into your hardest gear. Start with your left leg only and do about 20 rotations, then clip back in with both feet for another 20 rotations, then move to the right leg. Once you have gone through a set in your hardest gear, move to the easiest gear. One leg will generally be easier and more fluid than the other. This morning I did several sets and by the end I had gotten rid of the hiccup at the top of my stroke on the left leg. It's a perfect workout for the trainer.

12 comments:

Beth said...

Oh I like these! Every time I do them my left leg is just down right pitiful!

Bre said...

one leg love- I've done one leg but never gone through my gears while doing it- I'm going to play that game tonight! Thanks for the ideas!

Aimee said...

One legged drills are tough!! And, it's amazing how different my legs are too when I do them.

Kim said...

ugh one-legged drills KILL me! good job lady!

Yasi said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm on the trainer right now :o)

Teresa said...

Love these! I do them all thee time! More speed will be in ypur legs soon!

Shawn and Tracy said...

You will have "more power" (said with German accent) in your legs!!!!
Tracy

Caratunk Girl said...

I have started doing these this year for the first time and they help so much!

Happy New Year Charisa!

solarpowered said...

Now see, doing a workout like this might just make me tolerate being on the trainer. Thanks for the idea!

Chloe said...

one legged drills are more mental then physical for me! If I don't focus - it's a very loud workout!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sounds like a fun drill! I have a super silly question - where do you put the non-clipped in foot?

Christi said...

I try to do these each time I get on the trainer!