Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Late Season

Training for an Ironman late in the season is new to me. In the past I ended my racing season in October. This year I am pushing it late into November. I figured this might not be easy with the daylight waning, rainy cold weather moving in, and lack of friends to ride with.

However, I've discovered a few things I really enjoy about my late season training:
  • That crazy hot weather from summer training has turned to nice fall days.
  • I get to sleep in longer because the sun isn't yet up to leave on my bike before 6am.
  • Some of the stores I stop at for fuel have pumpkins out front and fresh apple pies baking inside.
This is a picture from my East Coast days, but I'm hoping at some point I'll get to ride in scenery like this before my final race this season.