Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Late Season

Training for an Ironman late in the season is new to me. In the past I ended my racing season in October. This year I am pushing it late into November. I figured this might not be easy with the daylight waning, rainy cold weather moving in, and lack of friends to ride with.

However, I've discovered a few things I really enjoy about my late season training:
  • That crazy hot weather from summer training has turned to nice fall days.
  • I get to sleep in longer because the sun isn't yet up to leave on my bike before 6am.
  • Some of the stores I stop at for fuel have pumpkins out front and fresh apple pies baking inside.
This is a picture from my East Coast days, but I'm hoping at some point I'll get to ride in scenery like this before my final race this season.

9 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Amazing thing about living in Florida is you never feel the "season" is over... that is until you hit that two to three week period where it is in the 40s and wet in the morning. That's our off season...

Beth said...

Come to Pittsburgh to ride and you will see leaves like that! The trees are already changing to bright orange and yellows. One of my favorite times of year! Keep going strong Charisa - you are doing awesome!

AM-GoalsfortheWeek said...

Are you doing Arizona? coool! grrreat race. you're gonna rock it;-)

Teresa said...

Pumpkin and apple pie anything is enough to make my taste buds hungry!!!

tn

ADC said...

I miss east coast.

Mike Russell said...

Austin is so close. So stoked to see how well you finish.

Running and living said...

You are amazing! You never stop even though it must be hard to train and race so late in the season!

Eileen Swanson said...

I love the fall too...You are quite amazing - another IM??!! Very cool!

Christi said...

What a great picture! I hope you see some foliage like that during your training!