Friday, September 10, 2010

Midwest Fun

We arrived in Chicago yesterday and drove right past the town I grew up in on the way to Madison. So naturally we stopped at the deli I went to as a kid for the World's BEST grilled cheese.

I'm on the phone here helping Microscope World in my absence.

This picture is from our visit a year ago. These brothers own Zingleman's and have worked here since they opened the deli when I was in middle school. We reminisced - "remember that 4th of July when..." Seeing the kids come in after school like I used to and I officially feel old!

Still helping MicroscopeWorld.com while eating amazing grilled cheese (the egg bread is key!)

I closed my eyes when we hit Wisconsin.

I love the midwest - so so so beautiful. Something about the perfect rows of corn and the green fields with silos perched overlooking them.

14 comments:

cheryl said...

Love those small towns establishments!

Have a great race in Madison!

Terra said...

I am praying for you Charisa. Have an amazing day. GO FOR IT!

Kim said...

Good Luck Charisa!! I know you can do it!!

NY Wolve said...

Good luck and it is great to be home. The Midwest in the Fall is just super.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Show those CheeseHeads what Ironman racing is all about

FLATOUT JIM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FLATOUT JIM said...

Best of luck.

You are going to ROCK Wisconsin.

SSB said...

Yum. Grilled cheese! One of my favorites! Good luck this weekend!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck at Wisconsin

Kim said...

go charisa go!!!!!!

Kiet said...

Charisa, the upside to being sick is that I can just track you all day long come Sunday! If it gets rough out there, think of how much bragging right you'll have when you dip under 10 hours before me. I would have to bow down before you at every training session until I do it.

Alili said...

Wishing you a wonderful race!!!

solarpowered said...

I love grilled cheese! And I learned about cheese curds when I went to Wisconsin a couple years ago! LOVE those mid-west skies.

Have a great weekend!!!

Meg said...

Rock it, I know you will! Powered by grilled cheese...