Monday, September 27, 2010

Country Ride

This weekend my bike took me inland. It was beautiful, and HOT. We somehow skipped over summer in San Diego this year, but not to fear - we are making up for it with 100+ degree weather now!

The pomegranates are ripe on the trees we bike past again!

The market cat was out wandering around looking for handouts.

I stopped at a farm stand for iced tea.

And really wanted to take some honey home in my jersey, but thought better of it with all the climbing remaining. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

7 comments:

Beth said...

The market cat looks like he does pretty well with handouts - he's fat! :)

Meg said...

I want to visit that Farm Stand. No, I want to run that Farm Stand. Looks like you had some fun!

AM-GoalsfortheWeek said...

That's how our summer and weather is currently up in Sonoma!

Bob Almighty said...

Awesome ride can't say I envy you guys as things are pretty cool in New England... but that farm stand looks awesome.

Christi said...

That is a nice lookin' farm stand. I wish I had one of those on my riding route!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

dang, I saw the weather reports! I hope you were able to stay cool! At least with the bike, you have a nice breeze. ;)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You rode in that heat? Crazy girl. You're ok, right? 113 is what I heard. Too much.