Thursday, July 29, 2010

Planning Fun Stuff

I've had a little more time to think about my last Ironman and quite honestly, I'm really happy. There are definitely some areas I know I need to work on, and that is motivating me. A lot.

This is where I'll be spending more time swimming starting next week. I live in the perfect place to practice my awful swim skills and I really can't think of a good excuse not to use it. I have recruited a couple friends to scare the sharks and jellyfish away for me, and hopefully they taste better than I do.

I signed up for my next race today and it involves jumping off a boat into cold water. I will fill you in later this week on the next part of my racing season...

11 comments:

Beth said...

Fun!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your season!

Running and living said...

Escape from Alcatraz?

Kiet said...

Good move Charisa, training in the open water really improves your swim come race time. I miss the warm waters of Australia and Kona. Just realized that I'll be back up here Saturday night from the wedding so I'll see you race at Alcatraz. Let me know if you and Steven need anything.

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

Are you doing Alcatraz? In late August? I am a lil' tempted to attempt it myself. But...not sure yet.

Cool!

Matt said...

your gonna rock at Alcatraz! just watch out for sea lions...and..

I havent done that one but the jumping off the boat is definitely a cool way to start a race :)

Teresa said...

Jumping off boats is fun!!! Have fun swimming away!!! tn

Sue said...

followed you in LP and you had a grand race:) Good luck on your next adventure!!

ADC said...

Norseman?????

t-odd said...

Nothing beats open water swimming. You'll improve tons.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You're afraid of sharks too? Totally agree with that reasonable fear.

Can't wait to see you in SF!!

solarpowered said...

You deserve some down time (last post), but I'm excited to hear about your next big plan!

I've always heard that Alcatraz race is really cool.

I don't like the idea of swimming with sharks and jellyfish, either. Freaks me out every time I swim in my ocean.