Friday, July 23, 2010

Lake Placid Snapshots

Every day should start right here...

Ian and I are standing on the finish line. No fanfare. Just an oval ice skating rink with rainwater on it. Lots of happy people will run here in a few days.

I got a chance to check out the swim course.

Kevin and I practiced our synchronized swimming. It's coming along nicely, although you can tell my stroke is a little off. Hmmmm, well what's new really...

This picture sums up exactly how I feel about the swim course. For those of you who follow along with my never-ending chase of the swim bet - LB has been kind enough to extend it for Ironman Lake Placid. Sub-57 gives me the win (coffee for the year) in the full IM.

Ski jumps. I have tried imagining standing at the top of these things looking down a slippery snow-covered ramp, with extremely-long skis strapped to my feet. I should probably stick to triathlon.

Ian's homestay took us on a boat tour around Lake Placid last night.

We ended up in this small harbor at sunset for dinner.

A very nice way to end the day.

10 comments:

rocketpants said...

Have a great race!! Looking forward to 'cheering' you online as you go through the day. Hope the weather cooperates and all goes to plan. Good luck.

Nicole said...

Looks heavenly in LP! Enjoy your time and your race!

SCAPE Athlete said...

Good luck this weekend Charisa at IM Lake Placid...we know you will kick some serious butt!!!

Nitsirk said...

I remember thinking during the run that I would rather do an extra loop of the run course than go off those jumps!! Glad you are enjoying LP. It's an amazing place.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What's with the chop in the water? Looks a little like SF Bay.

You are going to have such a great race Charisa!!!

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

Go, Go, Go! Kick some @$$!!

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

Looks beautiful Charisa! I'll be cheering for you :)

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

I LOVE both of the pictures of you and Ian! You look so happy! Good luck in your race..you are going to kick butt! :)

Bob Almighty said...

Good Luck this weekend.

hj said...

CHarisa!!!! Just saw your comment. YES WE WILL GET THERE on the swim. haha. i know YOU will:) and i know you are going to rip it up tomorrow!!!!! i will be out there cheering for you. kick some butt!!!!