Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome to Lake Placid

Lake Placid is quite possibly the most beautiful Ironman course I have ever seen. But I'll let you decide for yourself - I managed to capture a few pictures today.

Flowers everywhere - all over town, in window boxes, on front porches.
Olympic training center flags. When we finish the race we get to run half a lap around the Olympic ice skating oval where Olympic medals were won.

The lake we swim in is crystal clear. You could probably drink this water and be fine.

We had some amazing thunderstorms and pouring rain. LOVE this weather. Hope it doesn't happen while I'm riding my bike on race day.

The bike course runs along this river for miles and miles. 

Run course scenery.

The red arrow is pointing at the Olympic ski jumps we will bike and run past multiple times Sunday.

I love this red barn, especially with the contrasting bright green grass surrounding it. The horses are for my friend Kathleen.

 Oh, and don't worry Coach - we're making sure we will be well-fueled before the race.

19 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Good luck this weekend, Charisa!!! Have a great day!

Meg said...

Gosh, I could totally live in that barn forever. I'll even take care of Kathleen's horses for her.
I'm glad you're appreciating the sights before the race, have some more fun! You're going to do SO well, we're cheering for you from here, hugs!

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Your always doing that....making me want to race and train in all the places you post pictures from. Good luck.

Matt said...

I hope its sunny for you on race day, I will do my rain-free dance for ya. Kick BUTT

ADC said...

Good luck this weekend. I always wanted to do IMLP but never had the opportunity.

FLATOUT JIM said...

You go girl. I'll be tracking on Sunday, and thinking about you in the mountains as I do my "LONG" ride of 3 hours.

Jennifer Harrison said...

Charisa! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! Have a great day on Sunday!

Amanda said...

Looks gorgeous! Enjoy your race. You've worked soo hard for it!

Beth said...

I'm afraid to ask what Ian is about to eat... :) Lake Placid is beautiful!! Lots of great scenary to keep you occupied on Sunday! Have a blast!!

Teresa said...

Enjoy the views now because you will be flying past them on Sunday!!! Go Charisa!

tn

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Have fun.
I will definitely put it on my list... probably 2012

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Great pics! It really looks beautiful there! Good luck this weekend! You are going to ROCK!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Have fun.
I will definitely put it on my list... probably 2012

Josh said...

I love that town, that course and everything about that race. it makes me so happy to see those pictures! have a great race on sunday! can't wait to hear all about it.

Angela and David said...

Good luck this weekend! I love that course as well. We are actually going there for vacation in two weeks! Can't wait to get some riding in there.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

So beautiful! I cannot believe how green that grass is - those horses are seriously living the good life. And that barn is adorable!!

Ok, those cloudy skies are a little scary - I'll keep my fingers crossed for perfect weather for the race.

You are going to have a GREAT race Charisa - I know it in my heart.

m said...

Good luck at Lake Placid! It looks beautiful there! If I ever did decide to do an ironman that would be the one.

martin briars said...

i just happened to stop here -via Black Knight, Italy - and loved your pics !
I love watching the pros on the triathlons i do - makes me dream of what i would have loved to do.... maybe in another life !
Good luck today (i do y first Ironman next yearn if all goes well).

à bientôt

Marti, en France

Rebecca DeWire said...

Good luck! That looks like a beautiful area, thanks for the pics.