Thursday, May 6, 2010

Swim Weeks are Back ON!

I've made a lot of progress with my "learn to swim" issue. But we've still got work to do, so swim weeks are back on the schedule. Today was a longer warmup on my own, masters (I'm actually progressing at butterfly, if you can call what I do butterfly...) followed by what felt like a lifetime of still swimming after my masters friends got out, for a grand total of 6,000 meters. The next two days look very similar. Yikes!

I'm still aiming for my 27:xx swim to win the coffee bet. Next chance will be at Boise 70.3 in five weeks.

I'll leave you with a picture from the hike I went on the day after Wildlflower.

12 comments:

Molly said...

Oh boy, Boise! I hope you have infinitely better weather than we did last year. Your big swim weeks will help should there be whitecaps on the swim again!

SSB said...

Sweet. I <3 butterfly. Or I keep telling myself that.

Jill Costantino said...

You will get your 27:XX and I can't wait for the butterfly race:)
Your hike looks AMAZING!

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

Go 27:XX! you can do it!

and I'd buy myself and every gal out there on the course coffee for the year if I could do that time!!;-)

Beth said...

Yeah for swim weeks!! You're gonna get that 27:xx - I can't wait!! :)

solarpowered said...

Your swimming always amazes me.

Kiet said...

Hi Charisa, if you don't already do weights, I recommend that you try a weight program for your back and shoulders. I know as a swimmer, I did a lot of yardage growing up. But when I finally got to hit the weight room, my pull felt so much more powerful, just a thought.

NJ said...

Did I miss a post about the butterfly competition or is that still in the future sometime? I say you get a bookie to set up for bets and get a live feed going!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You are my swim hero! And I thought 2500 meters was a long way :-)It's all relative.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I am definitely going to pick up my swim training for the next outing.
Keep it rocking!!!!

Kiki said...

I won't be swimming much for the next few months, until after Leadville, so you will be doing yardage for both of us. I'm going to miss the pool. Good job at Wildflower. Love that you enjoyed the scenery on a hike:)

Meg said...

What a gorgeous hiking trail, I love the blue sky and the clouds.