Sunday, April 11, 2010

Trail Running Heaven

If you know much about me at all, you know I live for trail running. Set me free on a new open trail and chances are I won't come home for hours. Nick and I went out to Borrego Springs on Saturday to finish up the Rudy Project photo shoot. I'll post pics of that later - but this is way more exciting.

This was the type of run where the sun warms your skin, but just as you start to sweat, the breeze cools you off. 

A run where watching downhill speed isn't something we followed. Rather, feet were flying, arms reaching for balance and laughing out loud was the norm.

A run where the view takes your breath away.

Along with the climbing.

The cows scramble for cover.

And balance is tested creek-crossing. (Only one of us got wet!)

A run where nature seems oh-so-peaceful.

And I was nothing but happy and content. I think we could have run for hours. It was one of those trail runs where you come home with tired legs, but feeling as if your soul has been filled up with beauty. I hope everyone at some point in their lives gets to experience trail running at its best. Because I'm not sure there is anything quite like it that makes me more happy.

15 comments:

Meg said...

Ok, that post just made me smile.

Jill Costantino said...

that looks absolutely beautiful. ahhhh so glad you filled your soul with it's beauty!

GoBigGreen said...

We had trails like that at Dartmouth and it is where I learned to love running. Far better than the usual Every 1/2 mile stoplight running in the city!

Kiet said...

We have the same camera don't we? How do you carry that thing around? And how do you take those actions shots from above with no blur? So many talents.

SSB said...

I wish there were trails like that here. Looks like you're feeling better. Yay.

Beth said...

Looks amazing!! And I agree - nothing better than trail running!!

ADC said...

Great pictures. I have no idea how you manage to take those photos.

kera said...

you make me want to jump in my running shoes and hit the trails!!! your pictures are BEAUTIFUL and i can only imagine you came home with a FULL soul!!!

Running and living said...

I agree, trail running is the best!

D10 said...

Looks breathtaking! Glad you had a wonderful run. It is amazing how a nice long run or ride can feed the soul.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

You train is some of the most scenic places, I love it.

Black Knight said...

Wonderful places to run through. Thanks for sharing the pics. When I want to relax myself I go to run to similar places (country, cows, little rivers).

Angela and David Kidd said...

Awesome run! Making me super excited for some trail running in Tennessee this weekend.

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Aww..I love that post! I miss trail running and need to get back into it...soon!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Beautiful! And just about the polar opposite of my run on busy street in Dallas today. I much prefer your run!