Friday, March 19, 2010

Swimming Clear

I have gone from three tough weeks of swimming to today, where I only swam 1500m. Whoooo hooooo that was fun! Jump in, swim hard, get out. I'm hoping I can do the same thing next week when I race.

The best part of swimming lately is that I can actually see everything underwater. Until I found Sable Water Optics goggles, I basically swam under the notion that unless I had a brand new pair of goggles, everything was just going to be foggy or blurry when I swim. I've been swimming in this same pair of Sable goggles for six months and everything is still super clear - just like in this picture - that's what I see underwater.

Sable is a small family-run company. I like that. If you need a pair of goggles check them out. And for those of you racing CA70.3 with me next weekend, the water is a balmy 57 degrees! Bring your warm wetsuits!

11 comments:

SSB said...

I hope you swim hard for more than 1500 next week :-)

I picked up a new camera this week. Love it much more than Olympus. Thanks for the info.

Pamela said...

Do the Sable goggles give you raccoon eyes? I'm looking for new goggles that do what you describe, but also don't leave me looking like Janis Joplin after a particularly raucous bender. I wonder if they ship to Canada...I'll check their website...

Pamela said...

I should have checked their site first - their head office is right here in Toronto, and there's a shop just a few blocks away that carries them. I'll be for sure checking these out. Thanks for the tip and good luck next week.

Jon said...

there may be some 58 degree spots out there..haha! glad i've gotten in some cold water practice this week, can't wait to kick of the IM season next week!

Jill Costantino said...

ooohhh have so much fun next weekend! Go Charisa!

Beth said...

1500 is probably what you are used to for a warmup! Woo-hooo!!! (by the way, may have to check out those goggles - I usually operate under the same assumption you did: swimming = fogginess/blurriness!)

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

I recognize that pool bottom... Yeah for the goggles! Please say HI to everyone at Masters and tell them that I didn't fall off the face of the planet..... I think that they think I'm a huge slacker this year...oh well.

1500 meters for Sprint Friday. ((Shudder))must have been TOUGH! But great!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Those goggles look cool! I may have to check them out!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I like their tagline - swear by your goggles, not at them. Ha!

They seem to only be available at eye glass stores...is that where you got yours?

Samantha said...

Good luck @ Oceanside and thanks for info on goggles. :)

:)))

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

That reminds me.... I need to swim in that IM in 6 weeks too, don't I??
Better hit the pool since I haven't been in one since IMFL....
Good luck