Sunday, March 7, 2010

2010 Desert International Triathlon Race Report

Steven is: awesome photographer, supporter extraordinaire, hilarious and my best friend.

Thankfully no rain on arrival.

Cedric was aerodynamically ready for his first race. He was not ready for the amount of rain that landed on him while strapped onto my stem with only a piece of bar tape behind him for comfort.

Moments before I started with the collegiate wave. College boys are not very forgiving to swim with. Pummeling of Charisa took place multiple times.

Steven is yelling at me to get up the hill. I'm laughing because my feet are not yet in my shoes and I almost tried to stand up, which would have resulted in my foot slipping off a shoe. This of course would result in some sort of slow-speed tip-over of bicycle and rider. I made it up the hill without tipping.


A huge thanks to Profile Design and QR for helping me get my bike race-ready so quickly. The weather was nothing but cold and rainy, and I was nothing but happy racing my bike.

I came off the bike in 3rd. This is what I look like when I skip. Or when I try to chase down a speedy UCSB girl. I never caught her, but ran a minute faster than last year.

The rookie pros both took 2nd. I will buy Ian ice cream next week in AZ on my lost bet. 


Next race is CA70.3 in three weeks.

27 comments:

Lisa G said...

Awesome - great job! You look super-speedy on the run! Oh, BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Michelle Simmons said...

Brrrrr! Nice job on a cold wet day! Congrats! :)

Teresa said...

Way to go!!! Fantastic result!!
tn

D said...

Besides how awesome your result was, look how friggin RAD you look! SMOKIN HOT, woman! Congrats!! :)

Molly said...

Congratulations!!! As D said, you look awesome! And 2nds for your first time out as pros is pretty damn cool!

Kiet said...

Charisa, though you turned pro, it's nice to see you still have the spirit and enthusiasm of an age-grouper. Good on ya! Practicing my Aussie slang. And totally random thought here, but does anyone else think C looks like Jennifier Aniston (riding a bike) in that second pic of her stand-up climbing?

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Awesome job out there! LOVE the kit - you look great! What a super way to start the season - many more successes your way :)

Liz E said...

your guns are coming along nicely. i would really like a picture of the pipes as they are muy impressive. cedric was very aero and the new ride is simply decadent. xoxo

ADC said...

Well done, congrats, that is a great race. I love your new race suit - love the colours.

Chloe said...

Congrats on the race!! And way to hang in there with those boys in the swim wave! I'm sure you rocked out the butterfly to show whos boss! :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

A rock star as always!!!

Running and living said...

Good work, Charisa! Congrats!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Great job. You really took Cedric? How cool it that? Love it.

James Tremblay said...

Great Job! Been following your blog and loving it. Very inpiring!
Now you say wet and cold...I'll have to post some pics from here, the Maritimes. Still waiting for the snow to melt here!

Good luck on your first pro year! I'm cheering for ya!
James

GoBigGreen said...

You are so dang cute:) Good job at making crappy conditions fun!

Jill Costantino said...

HUGE Congrats! Fantastic race! Oh - and you have awesome "swimmers arms" - must have been those 2 swim weeks!
Woohoo - way to go!

Beth said...

Woo-hoo! Great start to the season! I hope Cedric is okay though!! :) Congrats!!

Stacy said...

Way to start off your pro career, in less than ideal conditons. I was FROZEN!

Sorry I didn't get to introduce myself, but it was straight to the car and a hot shower after the race.

jameson said...

killer! looking forward to watching you guys throwdown in o'side!

kristinschleicher said...

first time commenter here- Reading your blog makes me so happy, the joy you bring to racing and life really shines through. Great start to the season!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Congrats on your race! It looks like you had a great time! Oh...and Cedric cracked me up! :)

Rebecca DeWire said...

Congrats on a great race. What an awesome way to start out your rookie year. Can't wait to see how Oceanside goes for you.

NJ said...

What a great race! Your rookie year is going to be awesome! Good luck in 3!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You've got your game face on in that race! Pretty impressive. CONGRATS on the great finish!!! You should be super proud of yourself.

Samantha said...

WELL DONE! What a great race and great pics. See ya down at CA 70.3 where I'm sure you'll kick some ***!!
:)))

Alaskan assassin said...

Just caught up on your blog.

Congrats on the great race!!

Runner Leana said...

Congratulations on your race! It does look cold and rainy out there!