Monday, February 22, 2010

Good Eats

Some fun vegetarian ideas for you. The other night I chopped up a ton of veggies (asparagus, brussel sprouts, garlic, carrots broccoli, sweet potato), tossed in a little olive oil and roasted them in the oven at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. When they came out I sprinkled some sea salt and fresh ground pepper on top. Super easy, super tasty.

 
Whole wheat crust, mushrooms, spinach and some cheese = yummy pizza. 

Today began a two-week-solid swim-week. It will end right before I kick off the tri season with the Desert International Tri. I thought one week was crazy, so I will let you know what I think of two!

13 comments:

Running and living said...

These look great! Good luck with swim week and share what you learn:)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Yum!!
Keep it up and you might make me start eating healthy!

endurancegirl said...

i just finished a 25k and 30k swim week....and told Dirk that was wayyy too much time staring at the black line. I thought I left those crazy swim days behind me years ago ;) Good luck and appreciate the growing shoulders and lats!!! Haha...

Teresa said...

Swim on little fish!!
tn

solarpowered said...

I've been doing that roasted veggie thing a lot! YUM. I did sweet potatoes, green and yellow squash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and red peppers. Little olive oil, salt and pepper, and at the end I tossed in black beans. SOooooooo good!

Good luck with the swimming!!!

MM said...

That's a lot of swimming. Hopefully your new suit will help! Have fun.

Lisa T said...

Can you convince Jeff to join you for week 1 of swim weeks so his arms will be tired for our contest?

rocketpants said...

You will have gills by the end of it!

So...Desert Tri...eh?...what are the chance we might *actually* meet at a race this time? I think we are 0 for 3...or 4 or so by now and we live in the same city. It kinda makes me laugh.

ADC said...

OMGm another swim week, or weeks, shall I say. Thank you for sharing recipes. I am a vegetarian also and would love to know what your diet consists of.

Rebecca DeWire said...

Those veggies look yummy! Good luck with your insane amount of swimming.

Beth said...

Yum, yum veggies and pizza!! :) Enjoy swim week x 2!!

Jill Costantino said...

mmmm both of those look super delicious! Have fun on your CRAZY swim week:)))

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Roasted veggies are the best! Our oven conked out and will only go to 350 so we have to get a new one so we can do this again.

How do you do your tomato sauce?

Do you swim EVERY day for 2 weeks? Really? Wow.