Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tuesday Track

I feel lucky that I have a great group of friends to run around in circles with on Tuesday nights.


This is Tommy. He shows up every week, smile on his face and kicks butt in his age group at races.


Coach David has taught us to run as fast as possible with the least amount of effort! (This needs to be said in a Czech accent - or Kerplekestani as David describes it).


And seriously - check out his fashion sense! Doesn't this just make you want to show up for Tuesday night track and take everything he tells you very seriously?!


My Dad and I braving the rain at track last night. At least until we ran for cover in fear of melting.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Awe! You get to run speed work with your dad! how fun!

Watching my dad run was the reason I started...15 years ago.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

I LOVE it! Awesome - what a great group! :)

Running and living said...

WOW, so what's the secret to run fast with little effort? By the way, I am all for Eastern Europeans - totally know what they are talking about!

Tawnee said...

I'm pretty sure I saw your coach go flying by me during Carlsbad (on the marathon side). Same hair, same shades and obviously FAST.

Meg said...

Yeah for Tommy and I'm glad you ran last night, I knew you would since you LOVE the rain! Smiling as always :) !
David=smiles too!

D said...

I'm so jealous that you get to run with your dad. I used to, but he's in his 70's and has needed a double knee replacement for ~10 years - needless to say, there's no running for him anymore.

LUCKY!

beth said...

D Kloz is the shizz!!!
good for you for getting out there on a rainy night. wow.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Running in the rain is it's own special kind of joy. Glad to see you surrounded by fellow enthusiasts. How cool that you get to run with the dad!

Lisa T said...

Do you think Mandy did David's hair?

I miss Tommy.

Kim said...

so fun you have a great group to run with! coach david looks like a blast!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

That is so awesome that you get to run with your dad! Someday I hope my two boys will want to run with me. My oldest has already said that he wants to do triathlons like me when he gets bigger...yippee! :)