Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Transport

The other day on my ride to work I saw a guy flying downhill in a red one of these:


I was bummed we were not traveling in the same direction or stopped at a light together so I could get a quick tour of his fancy soapbox car.

I am trying not to sink at work or in the pool this month. Today at the pool when I started to whine inside my head about how hard the workout was and how I was sure the person leading our lane was trying to make me implode - you know, the standard OH POOR ME syndrome - I transported my mind elsewhere and tried to just focus on pulling water. Amazingly it worked.

10 comments:

Yo Mama...err, Liz said...

oh wait. you mean the "poor me" is a syndrome? did i catch it from you?

Running and living said...

You had a brief "poor me" moment? Nahh...

Teresa said...

Too bad you couldn't race that thing...maybe Santa can bring you one!

Swim on!
tn

t-odd said...

What kind of weird place do you live in? Bike commuting? And now soap box derby car commuting? That is just plain weird.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What a super cool racy thing!

Congrats on the swim breakthrough!

MM said...

I'm so glad the poor me syndrome isn't just me.

BTW. Homemade peppermint chocolate Lara Bars. AWESOME. I'll post the recipe in a few days.

Nicole said...

At least you made it to the pool! I need to get my butt in gear. I haven't been to the pool in a month!

ADC said...

Great job in the pool. Don't you just love when you manage to ignore the "syndrome" and just do it.

NJ said...

That little car is so awesome! I wish I knew someone who had one...I'd love to check it out close-up! You find some of the craziest/coolest things in your "wanderings."

Mike Russell said...

Good suggestion. I am going to try that mental strategy when I start to slack in the pool.