Thursday, December 17, 2009

Balance

I really love my busy life. Training, work, fun, etc. I want to do it all. That being said, there are days when I would pay big money for some time. Time to do nothing. Time to sit still or take a small nap. I've gone to the coffee shop before and been jealous of the people sitting and doing nothing. How do they have time for this? But the truth is the way I spend my time is completely my choice. I am the only one who can find the balance that works for me.

My trainer workout this morning was less than amazing. I cut it short and went out to the garden to see how plants were faring the cold nights. I picked our first orange ever off the tree.

My broccoli may have gotten somewhat out of control in the last month. But that being said - it is still producing edible broccoli, so I'll take it. Hope you are enjoying the craziness that sometimes is the Holidays!

9 comments:

Molly said...

I can really understand that. I normally thrive on juggling multiple activities, running from one thing to the next, and keeping life just this side of crazy. But this week all I want to do is crawl into bed and hide from it all, or just do nothing for a day. I suppose it will pass!

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Hang in there Charisa! I think of all the absolutely incredible and amazing things you do - YES, you choose to spend your time in certain ways...and sure life can get very busy and hectic at times. Just hang in there - I'm happy you got to go orange picking this morning... :) You have so many more opportunities to hop on the trainer - you'll get the ride back.

Hugs to you!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

My sister does some growing. I can't due to deed restrictions in the "hood", but once we sell our house, I will.
Yes, it is James Blake. I was surprised that Anne got it in about 30 minutes after the post. If I didn't live near him, I wouldn't be able to pick him out or possibly even know who he is either. (top 10 in the World)

MM said...

That's one of the reasons you shouldn't go to coffee shops ;-)

You'll make it all work this season.

Meg Runs said...

Isn't it cool the way broccoli just keeps growing? I love your plant with just a few sprigs left. Enjoy those last little trees!

Mama Simmons said...

Ooooooh. Fruit off of the tree. LOVE THAT!!! :)

Ordinarylife said...

People probably look at your training and wish they had time to do that.

I agree, it is all about how we choose to spend our time. Some people will choose to spend 3 hours in front of the TV or at coffee shops, others will run, paint or garden.

Beth said...

It is a tough balance...that I think is kind of unique to triathlon because it is so time consuming! It is 3 sports after all! And I know you've figured out that balance really well - but that doesn't mean we don't long for those days where we too could sit at the coffee shop or go out to brunch on a Saturday morning! :) Love the orange tree!!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Love that you are growing things to eat in a garden. And, completely understand the need to just sit, but you know as well I I that after 24 hours of that you would be BORED!! I think your approach of trying to do it all is more exciting!