Thursday, December 3, 2009

Magic Little Lights

There is something magical about this time of year. I chased Jeffrey around tonight on a run, which was fun between gasps for air. The first part of a hard run is always the hardest for me - I think of it as my little heart needing to stretch itself out. Once this happens it's not so bad.

So many houses had twinkling lights up. I ran home along the water and took in the still night air and the feeling that everything will be a little more festive for a few weeks.

Steven and I put up our tiny tree. We've actually never had a "real" Christmas tree. Our 2-footer seems to do the trick, although it doesn't smell nice and pine-treeish. Enter candles. Happy December!

11 comments:

Teresa said...

I love your tree! It is perfect, manageable and sparkly! Happy holidays!

tn

D said...

Tree may be small, but it's still more than I'm doing.

MM said...

I bet Tiptoe would like a real tree.

ADC said...

I love this time of the year. We still need to put the decorations and tree up.

D10 said...

I agree there is something about running when it is dark out and seeing everythign all lit up. The festive lights make me smile.

Ordinarylife said...

I also have a very small christmas tree - which will be hauled out the cupboard and put up this weekend some time.

Molly said...

We've always done a little tiny tree - it's just right! :)

IAN said...

I have roof racks. I think I know what the Wernicks are getting for Christmas. With your 12 foot ceilings its almost blasphemous for you not to have a gargantuan tree

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I have the 2 foot tree as well, the no smell is worth the trade over vaccuuming needles everyday

Trishie said...

cute tree! my husband is like a little kid, and every year drags home a huge tree for our tiny house. it's a pain but hard to hate on that kind of cheer ;)

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

I love the colors on your tree - beautiful!!! :) Glad the run went well.. I know that feeling ;)