Sunday, October 25, 2009

Land and Sea

The weekend started on land - a bike ride with some boys. The kind of ride where you take it easy and end up at a breakfast place. Awesome weather, and who says California doesn't have seasons? You just have to know where to go to find the fall colors.

The weekend ended at the Sea - with a couple of girls on kayaks.

You might not be able to tell from this photo - but between the two of us, Lisa is actually the one with kayaking experience! But sometimes when kayaking and it's hot, you just have to jump in!


14 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

I have never started off on a ride and ended up at a breakfast place.

California is soo cool.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Water looks great! We finally cooled off (60) here in Florida. Day starts with "boys" and ends with "girls"... takes planning. Way to go.

Ordinarylife said...

Looks like a great weekend!!

ADC said...

Oh fun!!! Now Shaun is definitely going to persuade me to buy a kayak. If only we lived in Cali...

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Now that I live in a state that has actual water, I have thinking of kayaking, looks like soooo much fun!!!

Roo said...

So glad you didn't snap that photo 30 seconds later when I did my beached whale impersonation while getting back into the boat.

t-odd said...

That looked like a great weekend. How hot is it there? (I just want to torture myself since we skipped fall here and it's damn near winter.)

Jill Costantino said...

Your ride looks beautiful! I promised myself to go kyaking in the spring here! That looks like so much fun. It's gloves and hats cold here, send some of your warm weather PLEASE!!!!

IAN said...

I am going to call BS and say there was another reason for Roo's jump into the water.

Trishie said...

looks like so much fun :)

Teresa said...

What fun. Kayaking is a blast, but here you have to bundle up and at no point do we jump in the water. Looks like a blast!

tn

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What a wonderfully perfect weekend!

solarpowered said...

I really need to move to California.

Roo said...

Fine, it was BS. I was looking for whales.