Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Off Season

The moment I crossed the IM Kona finish line my off season began. I have about six weeks to do whatever I want. No plan. No alarm clock. If I wake up and feel like running, I run to work. If swimming sounds fun, I go swim. No crazy colored spreadsheets with power and heart rate all over them.

I decided it's time for Vincenzo and I to try "fixie" rather than free wheel on the commuter bike. Don't worry, I have brakes and plan to USE THEM! Should this produce any exciting or embarrassing circumstances I will be sure to post pictures.

I am excited about my plans for next year and triathlon racing. But before I dive into the future I'm going to enjoy the rest of the off-season!

14 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You definitely deserve it... Could you send some of your IM legs my way on Nov. 7, I promise to have them back by the end of the day.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What a beautiful chain! I saw a fixie guy doing a sliding braking move the other day - very impressive. Is that in your bag of tricks?

Running and living said...

You love to train, and you love to rest. Awesome! Enjoy

Jill Costantino said...

Enjoy your rest time! Love the colours on the bike!

ADC said...

Ahhh, Vincenzo is finally out. Emjoy the off-season.

kera said...

ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST GIRLY!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!! EAT LOTS OF YUMMY FOOD TOO!!!

Lisa G said...

Off season rocks! Enjoy the rest of it! Can't wait to hear about your plans for next season!

Trishie said...

love that chain ! yes, you definitely deserve some time off -- enjoy it !

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

Hope you have a relaxing off-season! You deserve it! Thanks for stopping by my blog! : )

Heidi Austin said...

sweet ride. very 80's style! Enjoy your off season!

MM said...

You gonna ride that up Palomar? Just kidding. sweet bike. Have fun.

LizE said...

smart woman. i think one of the reasons you're so successful in tri is because you think right. enjoy the blissful time off.

Snakebite said...

Time off?!? Wimp! ;-) It's Cyclo Cross season!!! But, you'll need another bike. A Cross bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZOa_E9Qs8

Don't let your logs jam!!!

Ordinarylife said...

Enjoy!!!