Friday, October 23, 2009

Family Oldies

This is my mom being distracted by the beauty of the farmland while I'm entertaining myself on quite possibly the world's most rusty swingset. There is an elephant on my outfit, which is pretty sweet! I imagine high pitched "wheeeeeeeeees" were coming from my little lungs as well.

This was last year. Not much has changed really, except my mom was not pushing me here.

This is another family picture I found. My parents are holding me on the left. My grandparents are on the right with my cousins. My Dad's sweater makes him look like he's part of the crew club at Harvard. Or just won a race with a medal hanging around his neck. Either way I think it looks good. My Mom has mastered the perfect hair flip. What I really love though is my Grandpa's pants! Holy stylish Grandfather I had!! I don't think just anyone could get away with wearing those!

13 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Ahhhh the old backyard swing set, the memories of the good life as a kid, thanks for sharing.

FLATOUT JIM said...

All those swing sets rusted to crap back then. They also tipped over if they weren't anchored into the ground and you swung too high.

Beth said...

I love old pictures!! My mom had a very similar hair flip. :)

Missy said...

I love that swing set! I remember that ours wasn't anchored into the ground very well and would hop/skip if you were swinging too hard. I love the 70's! ...so many fly clothes!

Running and living said...

Yes, your grandfathers pants are the bomb! Awesome! Absolutely love the pics!!!

t-odd said...

Look at my picture. Your dad had killer taste and was way ahead of his time. V-neck sweaters rock!

Are you still wearing clothes with elephants?

Rebecca DeWire said...

My mom had that same hairstyle, too! I love swinging and did it very recently after a 15 year swing break. It was fabulous :)

Runner Leana said...

Those are indeed some awesome pants!!

Mama Simmons said...

How fun! Great pictures. I think all our moms looked like that in the 70's. ;)

Trishie said...

Awh, what great photos ! (btw, I have bragged to everyone that SOMEONE WHO PODIUMED AT KONA COMMENTS ON MY BLOG! MY blog! I am such a geek !)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I love old family photos! My mom and step-dad Ken were both great photographers (well, still are, I suppose).

Love these pics! Great blog idea...mind if I borrow it?

D said...

Those pictures look REALLY old. Are you sure you're in the 30-34. OH SNAP! Sorry. Couldn't help myself :)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Considering that I am about your Dad's age.... I don't think I had a crew sweater...even though I was on a crew team... do you think he still has it and would sell it to me?? :)