Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vincenzo and the Pool

I found a new pool close to work where Vincenzo and I can ride to swim. It's good for those days where I want to swim, but masters might not be what I need. I still plan to swim Carlsbad masters - because I love it - but from a my-schedule-is-busy standpoint, this new pool rocks!

Yesterday I did a pull set and my times were FAST! I had been told the pool was 25 meters, so I figured I was rested, since we're just starting the chaos training plan.

Vincenzo likes the shady tree to sit under while I swim.

Today I showed up armed with my tape measure. (Yes, I measured the entire length of the pool in 3-foot increments with my measuring tape . . .) And whaddayaknow - it's 25 YARDS, not meters! HA HA! I am not the speedy swimmer I thought I might be!

This is the view I have of Vincenzo while swimming. Today he had some crazy jumpy thing behind him with children screaming the whole time. He was very happy when I took him back to work to gaze out the window.

12 comments:

Beth said...

Tooo funny! I think I'm mostly laughing at the fact that you actually took a tape measure to the pool to measure yourself!! :)

Poor Vincenzo - that jumpy thing was probably quite scary...

Bandobras said...

Mistaking 50 meters for 50 yards not bad.
25 meters for 25 yds not bad
25 yds for 50 meters. I'm beginning to wonder if I might not be as fast as you after all.

Running and living said...

I completely get you about measuring the pool. I measured the length of our town pool with my Garmin at the begining of the summer. I just have to be absolutely sure about the distances I swim/bike/run! Ana-Maria

D said...

I saw your fb status and was hoping you blogged about it. Too funny! And measuring the pool is totally something I would have done too. You're still pretty f'n fast though lady ;)

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Okay - I would have SO measured the pool as well. Vincenzo looks like he's loving life - FANTASTIC! :) As for you - well, I still say that you're speedier than you think!

Teresa said...

Ha! I work at a 20 yard pool and athletes count their strokes, then they go to a regular pool and can't figure out how their numbers are so high.

I am sure you are still speedy fast and the bike is lookin' good chillin!

tn

t-odd said...

That is such a sweet bike! I love the blue tires. Yeah, 25 yards versus 25 meters is not a HUGE difference. 25 yards versus 50 meters - much different. Good luck with Chaos. Is that where you disappear for 12 weeks?

Maggs said...

haha. I had the reverse happen to me. For a week I thought I was swimming in 25 yd pool and was seriously depressed about my times. Then I was told it was a 25 M pool.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love that you measured it yourself!

Your bike called to say he's the happiest bike ever.

Rebecca DeWire said...

The same thing happened to me when I went to a different pool! I seriously though that I became a super fast swimmer overnight. It was slightly depressing to learn that it was 25yards and not meters.

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

Thanks for making me smile :-) Just the way you talk about Vincenzo and how you measured the entire pool in 3ft. increments no less!!!

ADC said...

Did they think you were some mad woman who likes to measure pools. So funny!!!