Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summertime

You know those days when you step outside and it just smells like summer? Today was that day. I went out for a run at lunch and came back sopping. No sprinklers were involved, although that would have been fun!

Riding home yesterday on my single speed there was no breeze until I hit the downhill. Something about car exhaust and hot weather seems very wrong to me.

I love summer - fans swirling around hot air, the condensation dripping off the glass on an ice-cold drink, and jumping into the pool without the slightest thought that it might feel cold rather than refreshing.

11 comments:

Meg Runs said...

Me too!

ADC said...

I would like summer like that..... if we had it ;)

rocketpants said...

Summer is in full swing!

Maggs said...

It's a little too summery over here right now. Hot and humid. But I spent the afternoon at the beach so I didn't really notice.

FLATOUT JIM said...

And the refreshing smell of the ocean.

Yes nothing says summer like seaweed and rotting fish guts.

D10 said...

I agree there is definitely something wrong with care exhaust and hot weather! Keep enjoying summer.

NJ said...

Love that...and the smell right after a rain! It seems, however, that the midwest cannot figure out if the season is summer or fall. It's cold one day and then steamy humid the next...I guess it's the variety that keeps us here - until the figid winter hits.

Breezing through a sprinkler during the run would have been pretty sweet.

t-odd said...

I wish we had summer. We seem to have early late-fall week after week.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Oh Charisa, would you be a doll and send some of that sunshine my way...the fog has moved in and won't leave.

Glad you had a good run!

solarpowered said...

I love running through sprinklers on hot summer mornings. :)

Ordinarylife said...

ah, what I would give for some summr right now!!!