Wednesday, July 22, 2009

San Francisco

I love San Francisco. I'm not sure how I have made it 33 years without ever managing to live there. However, any chance I get to visit is always fun. Since SF is right on the way to Vineman, it makes for a nice place to stop on Friday night. That and the fact that by the time we get there I can not imagine sitting in the car for another minute.

Kathleen and her husband Bert were the greatest hosts ever.

Perfect cappuccinos greeted us in the morning!
At this point I could have gone home happy - race or no race.

Then we walked to eat toast. Except we had more than toast!! There were scrambled things and tofu and hash browns . . . all organic and all very tasty!


The rest of the shots are just random things I enjoyed. San Francisco offers so many fun things to keep me entertained.

And this final shot is for my friend Ladybug. There was an entire store for you LB!!! You might be glad I did not come home with the ladybug keychain, pens, t-shirts and children's wheely suitcase for you! Because the thought did cross my mind!!

12 comments:

Renee said...

Those pictures are great! The bakery shot alone make me want to travel there!

ADC said...

It looks absolutely amazing. Never been but really want to.

Meg Runs said...

Soooo fun! It was just like being there...minus the sounds and smells. Flowers and Ladybug store were my favorites. Thanks for the mini-vacation.

t-odd said...

I really need to get back to SF with my honey. We haven't been since we had kids. It looks like such a great time.

Maggs said...

I haven't been to San Fran in over 20 years. Since college. Man I need to get back there.

Alaskan Assassin said...

I am running a 100 in San Fran in a couple of weeks. I have not been there since I was 10. I cant wait.

Love the pictures!!

Roo said...

Oh- I wish you'd have bought him the wheelie suitcase. I'd love to see him wheel it into transition and unload all his stuff!

Kerri said...

That is my 1st home!!!!!!!! Oh how I love San Francisco!!!!!! The fog, not so much. :-) I lived right over the hill from Noe!

FLATOUT JIM said...

I've had no desire to go to S.F. until I seen the pics of the Cappicino, and the bakery.

Snakebite said...

Love that city, too. Moving to San Fran? Hmmm.....maybe, someday....

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Charisa - you and Steve and Kevin were the BEST guests! It was such a treat to hang out with you all. Visit anytime!

Kerri - SF misses you.

Alaskan Assassin - what's the race you're doing? I wonder about the route.

kera said...

We visited SF when I was younger and I too LOVED it! Would enjoy going back as an adult and if we ever head out to the west coast to vacation I've told Jon we need to go there! We found this hole in the wall chinese restaurants where this had all these yummy vegetarian options! I LOVED it!