Friday, July 24, 2009

Big Surf


Carlsbad usually gets big surf in the winter. We have an exception right now. I painted this picture so you can experience the full effect. The palm tree lost his life shortly after I finished painting. Were I to attempt to paddle out on my surfboard right now I would never make it past the white water. This sometimes also happens when we have a 2-foot swell, but that is another story. I decided tomorrow after our bike ride we need to go to the beach and wave-watch.

4 comments:

Maggs said...

we have 6-9 ft waves on the south shore. It was awesome watching the surfers. I'm a 2-3 ft surfer, that's all I can handle.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love your painting! Beautiful.

Sorry to hear about the fate of the palm tree. You be careful out there :-)

t-odd said...

I love your rendering. You have some mad skillz. Sorry about the palm tree.

Alaskan Assassin said...

Your drawing skills amaze me!

Have fun!