Thursday, July 9, 2009

RIP Blue Garmin!

Charisa's trusty Blue Garmin
December 25, 2004 - July 8, 2009


Blue Garmin, nearly 5, died July 7, 2009 while running a final track workout. After a long battle with sweat, rain and several falls onto concrete, the Blue Garmin died a peaceful beeping death.

Blue Garmin was a member of the San Diego Track Club and enjoyed racing for Team BSK. In his spare time he enjoyed resting on the windowsill and gazing out at the garden.

The Blue Garmin is survived by his owner Charisa Wernick, brother Red Suunto, grandparents, and numerous friends. Visitation will be held Saturday and Sunday, July 9-10 from 4-5pm. Burial will take place at the battery recycling center in Carlsbad, CA.

18 comments:

D said...

Interested in a Red Garmin?

IAN said...

Hahhahahhahaahahahaaa...

Molly said...

Uh oh. That means mine can't be too many years behind. RIP, little one.

Meg Runs said...

Another one bites the dust...

So sorry...

D10 said...

Sounds like the blue man had a nice long and happy life!

Chloe said...

I totally feel your pain - but you never know - mine somehow popped back to life!! I have faith trusty blue garmin might still have a bit left :)

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

You are TOO FUNNY!!!! LOL

t-odd said...

I can't wait to see the memorial service on CNN in a few days. All the goods ones are going back to their makers. It's a sad, sad day. Now you can get an orange Garmin.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

My condolences. Sincere.

Running and living said...

Sometimes I wish my blue Garmin died, so that I can get an update version. How bad is THAT? Ana-Maria

ADC said...

Oh, it was a Christmas present :))))

Beth said...

Hehehehe! :) Funny how things like running watches become so close to us when we think about all that we've been through with them! :) RIP little Garmin.

kera said...

You're HILARIOUS!!!! Sorry about the death but how FUN to go shopping for a new one!!!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I love this post, quite funny - at least it had a fun and eventful life!!!

solarpowered said...

RIP, Blue Garmin. :( So sad.


(I hear there's a cute, brand-new little orange guy waiting for a home, though! I've been thinking of adopting him myself)

:)

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Hee hee hee hee hee! I recognize that Garmin.... :) He lead a great life!

beth said...

my blue garmin just left us too. but he jumped off james's bike during a mountain bike race and threw himself off a cliff. i had no idea he was so unhappy. took his own life :(

Ordinarylife said...

RIP :-(