Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spicy Wing Showdown

Our friend David competed in a spicy wing eating contest last night. I think it could be considered an endurance event. There were 4 contestants. In order to reach the next round you just have to eat one spicy wing. The only catch is that each round the wings get spicier.

Water is provided for drinking, dumping on the head, whatever works best.

After about 7 rounds David and another contestant were all that remained.

David's fan club cheered for 14 rounds.
His opponent made it 15 rounds.


The wing winner and David - post competition ice cream relief.

Nice work David - we are so proud! When you're racing IM Florida this year if you are not hurting as bad as you were on wing #14 you better pick it up!!

10 comments:

t-odd said...

I would NOT want to be around David's bathroom later that night. He must have a cast-iron stomach. As my friend Mary would say - "I hope he doesn't get 'brush-fire ass.'" She's classy. (And apparently so am I for sharing it publicly.)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I think I see a bottle of pepto bismo in his hand!

Shan said...

Lipke is my Hero!!! :)

GoBigGreen said...

OMG I misread what you wrote and read "If you arent HURLING as bad as you were on wing #14," i guess that fits too? :)!
Have a good weekend Charissa!
PS yes you need to come to MN to race:) or visit:) or both!

Roo said...

So- when the boys asked Jesse if he wanted to ride and go the the wing eating contest, I thought this was a contest between Jeff and Steven. I had no idea this was a formal contest. I'm so glad Jesse had class, because he probably would've entered and then needed babysitting all night!

GO DAVID!!!

Maggs said...

yum. I love spicy wings. Sounds like a fun time

Running and living said...

spicy wings are yummy - just not 14 of them. Ana-Maria

Natalie said...

YUM! I love hot wings. It was one of my biggest cravings early on in pregnancy. After a few times, my hubby had enough and wouldn't indulge me anymore. :-(

ADC said...

Ha, that is sooo funny. Being vegie I would pass on the spicy wings though.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Holy cow - THAT, my friend, is insane. :) Look at how much that poor guy is sweating... Did he have to sign a waiver or anything? As someone who has zero tolerance to spicy food, I am impressed. That guy is a monster - and so is is palate!