Monday, April 20, 2009

More Coachella




















The speedo boys were not in attendance this year. And I seem to have failed to capture many exciting costume images as promised. I think the furry pink boots would be awesome if they were green and orange. The bloomers seemed to be in fashion this year as well. I hope this is not a sign of trends to come back mainstream. People watching is awesome at Coachella.

Waiting for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in 100 degree heat after training all weekend is a perfect way to end up with kankles (Grandma - that means ankles the size of tree stumps). Compression socks did not make an appearance on my legs.

The wait was worth it. 
Nick rocked on the guitar and Karen O entertained.


Besides music, Coachella has a lot of art. 
This tree was made out of solar lights.


This piano man pedals around - his piano is on a bicycle. 
I have no idea how he steers.

Anything on fire is generally a big hit. 
It's a snake - check out his creepy green eyes!


7 comments:

Maggs said...

I think compression socks would look great with the bloomers. And the feather boots would hide the socks. Sounds like an awesome time.

Roo said...

Compression socks are too hot! Sorry about the cankles. So does that mean my fat knee is called thnee?

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Great photos! I hear you on the kankles... :) They run in my family, and I used to get them ALL the time before compression socks. But there comes a point where they just won't work the way you want... like in lots of heat after training the way you did!

Great people watching!!!

ADC said...

Piano man is my favourite. That is sooo cool.

t-odd said...

Cankles - super hot! Did you see the Killers? I heard their show there was great and the Cure played for like three hours. Sounds like a great time.

Shan said...

The speedos were definitely still there:

http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/view/6331890/23

;)

Running and living said...

Awesome! Ana-Maria