Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

In honor of Earth Day I thought I would list ten things I love about our planet.
  1. Color - trees, flowers, fish, you name it, there's a ton of color
  2. The sound of rocks tumbling in the surf of the ocean
  3. Animals - I am partial to furry ones
  4. Hearing the crunch of snow under feet while looking up at a massive mountain
  5. Crystal blue water with sun shining through it
  6. Birds chirping in the morning when I ride my bike
  7. Sunset in the desert leading the way for a million stars to come out
  8. A blanket of fog that makes everything it touches seem slightly mysterious
  9. A massive moon sinking into the horizon when I head out for an early run
  10. Untouched trails to run on that take me away from cars, civilization, etc.
Happy Earth Day!

11 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

Ice Bergs

Hopefully when my kids are my age, there will still be some around.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

GREAT list! :) Love it!!! Happy Earth Day! :)

Natalie said...

Were we separated at birth? This is nearly identical to what I would have written (if I had written a list, but you beat me to it so I guess I can't write mine now! *sigh*). Although yours is much more poetic!

I especially love to go out for a run of foggy and drizzly mornings.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love it! You inspired me to do the same :-)

ADC said...

Nice list. Happy Earth's day :)

solarpowered said...

That's a beautiful list.

I'd add the glistening sun sparkling on the ocean on a clear day...

Happy Earth Day!

Chloe said...

Awesome list!!

No matter what kind of mood I'm in - running/swimming/biking in the morning and seeing the sun rise always lifts my spirits. And makes every day a great freaking day :)

Alaskan Assassin said...

I have never thought up a list of my favorite things but it would be identical to yours. Loved it!!!

rocketpants said...

That is a great way to celebrate Earth day!! Love the list.

Maggs said...

Great post. I love the earth :-)

Ordinarylife said...

What an awesome post!