Saturday, February 14, 2009

Crazy Cat and Rain Fenders

I think most people with kids probably don't do "stupid-cat-tricks". We find them extremely entertaining. For example, I've taught Tiptoe to eat treats off my head. Seriously - who wouldn't want a cat that does this?!

She also helps make the bed. Well, help in the sense that when you try to put the sheets on she tries to leap through the air to tackle them. I assume she is trying to help.


Today's ride was beautiful. Last night's rain =  wet roads = wet + muddy riders. But I can't complain because the sky was blue with puffy white clouds. The ocean was sparkly and everything had that "clean" look from the rain. The poor tri bike looks just like this again.

The Mikes showed up with rain fenders on their bikes. We made fun of them until we realized they weren't getting mud all over their backsides. My only complaint of the rain fender is that it provides no benefit to the drafting rider.

9 comments:

Hooterville Mayor said...

Fenders are a must here in the winter. They don't stop the front derailler from getting full of frozen crud, but they sure help. Keeps the rider much cleaner too!
Of course, we're talking about a mountain bike and a flat bar road bike, so it is easier to fit them.
I woulda thunk you'd be too fast for anything to stick to ya?!
TipToe looks like a fun kitty!

t-odd said...

TipToe what a great cat. We had a cat who did the same thing with the sheets but he was much fatter and actually just laid on the sheets, so I guess he didn't do the same thing at all. Now, we have a dog. Read about his new trick here:http://partsmissingdog.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-trick_14.html
I love reading about all you "outdoor cyclists." I wish for the day to come when I can feel safe getting out there and getting muddy.

rocketpants said...

My previous housemate had a cat who would 'help' me make my bed. Inevitably he would just sit there and let me tuck him under the sheets (even the bottom sheets) and then wiggle out later. I think he thought it was fun.

cat. said...

i love, love, LOVE Tiptoe!!

GoBigGreen said...

Ha! The full fender in the back is the one you want to be behind:) Tiptoe is so cute. My sister has two cats, so DCNK( double cat no kid) and one is deaf and Albino. Talk about funny. You never know what Yeti is going to do..like jump off the fridge onto your back when you are walking by. Too funny.
Stay dry:)

Ordinarylife said...

Riding is such a glamorous sport. I mean who needs to go to a spa to get covered in mud - from head to toe. I really needed that fender this weekend too. I have never seen them here except on kids bikes.

ADC said...

Tiptoe is beautiful. Seriously who wouldn't want a cat that knows those tricks ;-)

Natalie said...

We are totally with you on the stupid cat tricks! The two we have tend to act much more like dogs! They must have a personality disorder!

You are getting me excited to ride outside again! We're almost there, but the ice patches keep me from proceeding. Hit some black ice last night in my car and it got my heart pounding plenty hard even over a small amount of swerving. Better safe...

Alili said...

Lily also 'helps' with the laundry, makes for a maddeningly long process!